• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What can I do to go from 500' to 600'?

I've gotten first at my past two league rounds...it's been coming together. Shot -10 at arboretum from the longs because I'm actually taking my time on putts and making them (Filmed it too). Plan to play a tourney mid june. If I keep shooting at the level I'm at and focusing on the putts I'd feel confident in a tournament scenario. The just shot double digits under at one of the courses the tourney is at.

There are a few holes at my home course I'd like to park, that are a bit out of my reach. #10 is something like 650-700' and 11 long is 550' to 570' I think. That and throwing far is just plain fun to me.

There are a few holes at my home course I'd like to park, that are a bit out of my reach. #10 is something like 650-700' and 11 long is 550' to 570' I think. That and throwing far is just plain fun to me.

Huh. These words, together in the same paragraph, don't seem to compute.

Good luck in your quest for super distance, and at your upcoming tourney. (Did you mean mid July?)

Let us know how you do in the tourney! I've always been curious to see how Mike would do because I've seen all the video and stuff.

Get on your knees and pray to Aeolus, Boreas, Zephyr, Notus, Eurus, Vayu, Fajin, etc. :wall:

Or adjust your internet distance. :p :D

[Your drives look good :thmbup:]

Off the top of my head I was thinking of trying to iron out the timing of my reach back / pull through / hit acceleration. Maybe trying turning my hips and shoulders later...I feel like I turnthem way too early.

Hmm, what else?
You do turn backwards(backswing) early and crouch which sticks your lower spine toward the target early so you don't fully load your weight into the rear hip/leg. The crouch also makes you heavy and slow on your feet and your rear toes are 180 away from the target, so you can't fully leverage the rear side forward from the instep of the foot(athletic position). If you stay in a taller posture you can keep your lower spine back longer and get a better weight shift going down(gravity assistance) and targetward. Try doing some Brinster hops and turning the hips(and shoulder/arm) back later while you are airborne.

Self-improvement is a lot more addicting than tournament play for a lot of people.

This^ I enjoy the practice field as much or more than the course. Meditative and cathartic not to mention enlightening. I've never broken 400' though, rarely make 80% of my putts inside the circle and have never aced a basket hole. So I have a lot of ceiling to reach for.

throw from the armpit?

I know Mike C you are on DGR and I think I've seen new over there as well. you both need to PM Beto to see what he does.

a note about Beto: he used to be a gymnast. Gymnastics requires an amazing amount of strength and athleticism.

I don't know what your athletic histories are new and Mike but I think if you are bombing like you are now, you are both fairly natural fast twitch whatever.

I've met Wiggins and seen him throw in person. I can't say what he does because it was hard to see from my vantage point. but the disc made a very distinct sound coming out of his hand. he was throwing 500+ into a 15 mph headwind.

I think I remember reading on DGR (and this was with 2006 tech discs) that after about 450 or so you have to really play with your release angles and flight apexes to get the most out of the disc. at that point it really seems like it becomes a specialized distance shot as apposed to a true golf shot (read accurate and placed).

possibly a deeper reach back, and when you get to full extension keep the disc in plane. you're coming from high (shoulder) to the throwing plane (torso) and finishing a little high again. probably from all those ion throws ;) the throw i was going off of was the one you threw with intended hyzer, so it's hard to tell without a turnover compliment.
on plane throw with nose down could be worked on maybe. your timing looks great to me.

If I get to 500 feet, I will not be asking people for help with my distance. I'm going to use this video as a model to learn from instead of something to critique ;)

I'm sure sidewinder22 will continue to have good form tweaking, but ultimately I would just focus on accuracy if I was in your shoes. Course, I'm 43, so even if I had some max potential in the 600 feet range in my lifetime, it is probably on the downswing now.

Anyway, good luck to you. I think you will be a Pro, winning tourneys, in no time!

Have you tried throwing d lines with understable discs?

In the video, your discs flip up a little bit from hyzer, but they never flip over. Normally people flip stuff over to get max d. I htink what you are throwing is just golf hyzers, not distance throws.

Have you tried throwing d lines with understable discs?

In the video, your discs flip up a little bit from hyzer, but they never flip over. Normally people flip stuff over to get max d. I htink what you are throwing is just golf hyzers, not distance throws.

Basically I'm wondering what form tweaks I could try working on to go from 450-500' golf D to 575-600' golf D.

Read

Blake responded to PM's over the winter but hasn't been responding or posting since then. Try sending a PM to Beto. He has been popping in every once in awhile and I am sure he could offer some great advice.

I'm really waiting for someone to tell Mike he needs to disc down so he can focus on things. :)

If it wasn't Mike C, I was going to say, "Don't you mean 400'-500'?"
I wish I knew some ticks, but I usually watch your videos when I want some inspiration.

Have you watched Will Schusterick's video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30cUNsWOYSI)? I am still working on my BH form/technique and will always be tweaking it. But I feel like this video had some good tips that may add some distance. It looks like you could have get more if you would reach further back and/or turn your shoulders further back? Hope your getting your D!