• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What DG company would you work for?

I'd love to be able to do CAD work and analysis on discs. That would be the bee's knees, yo.

I've got some injection molding experience...anybody hiring?

For me there are 3 dg related jobs I'd do all at once

I could see myself doing some kind of work for timg here on dgcoursereview :)

I'm also in the same mindset as bogeynomore for working close to home, but I'd have to work for MVP and Axiom since I'm only a stones throw away from their HQ.

I could also just open up Mill Creek to the public when it's ready.

hmmmmmm, I just don't know if there is enough money in it all yet to make a living from it.

We'll see

I don't think that any DG company could compete salary/benefits package wise like my current job.

Id be willing to bet the engineers that design discs are making 100K+, but who knows, maybe youre a millionaire...

The first issue turned put great from what I heard. I was supposed to get a few copies for helping them with editing and writing. Haven't shown up yet. Oh well. Like I said, disc golf just isn't big enough to support things like that.

I will go to my grave insisting the folks at Hucker didn't do anything maliciously and are not scam artists. They were just trying to do something they loved and It got away from them.

What's amazing is how many disc golf related companies are still in business. There are so many great discs to choose from now, which is another reason that I'd love to work for a retailer like Infinite Discs...discounts on plastic, baby!

this is off the subject, bare with me

support things like what? what Hucker was trying to do? I paid $53 for a magazine and a hoodie. I don't think they are scam artists, but you cannot tell me it is ok to take anyone's money and do nothing in return, like it is a hand out to these people. I worked for my money and I gave up some of my hard earned money and I do pay taxes on top of that and these people take my money and run.

I would feel terrible for taking people's money and not living up to my end, I would feel like I scammed people and I would feel even like a thief. Overall, I am responding to the fact that you seem to still support these "good" people which I am sure they are, but what is good about what they did? I am a good person, give me your money for these promises and I will not deliver, remember I am a good person = ) If they feel bad, they should feel bad because they took people's hard earned money and quietly walked off.

Also, I think you support these people...with your hands up and shoulder shrugging, like:
"oh well"
"like I said, disc golf just isn't big enough...etc."
"they didn't do anything maliciously...not scam artists."

maybe just say:
Hey...it is ok, the sport isn't big enough to support what Hucker was trying to do (hands and shoulders up). They aren't scam artists (hands and shoulders up) or didn't have any malicious intentions (hands and shoulders up). These good people just took your money and it is ok...really it is ok. You don't quite understand it, it got away from them as did your money = )

Also, being amazed on how other companies are still in business isn't a rationalization for what Hucker did either.

anyway, on a lighter note, I actually believed in this venture and in some twisted warped view, I feel ok for giving hand outs sometimes.

The ones I would want to to work for are based in Cali and no offense to anyone from Cali but there's no way in hell I'd ever live in that state. It's a great place to visit not a great place to stay.

None, because I like money and I can't imagine they can pay me even half of what I'm worth to someone else.

That being said, if I had to choose, it would be Innova because they are most known of the bunch and could probably pay more than a small company like Salient or MVP.

Yeah, wanting to make a living rather than scraping by is sad bro

To be clear, you are responding to an imaginary scenario on a disc golf message board. You have not been offered a job. The fact that in a fantasy scenario your default is all about money is indicative of a materialistic, unimaginative dullard, bro. So yeah, it's pretty sad that you can't have fun.

To be clear, you are responding to an imaginary scenario on a disc golf message board. You have not been offered a job. The fact that in a fantasy scenario your default is all about money is indicative of a materialistic, unimaginative dullard, bro. So yeah, it's pretty sad that you can't have fun.

Can't have fun? I play disc golf FOR fun. I answered the question, but the bottom line would come down to who can pay me what my time is worth. Why would I take a job that can't pay me even half of what I'm worth?

I'm sorry that you are clearly not a skilled worker and desirable. I guess that's the difference between us, considering you don't seem to understand in the work force you are considered a commodity, that being said some of us are obviously more of a commodity. Sorry if that makes me materialistic and unimaginative in your 'dull' mind. You've earned #3 spot on my ignore list. Dolt.

Can't have fun? I play disc golf FOR fun. I answered the question, but the bottom line would come down to who can pay me what my time is worth. Why would I take a job that can't pay me even half of what I'm worth?

I'm sorry that you are clearly not a skilled worker and desirable. I guess that's the difference between us, considering you don't seem to understand in the work force you are considered a commodity, that being said some of us are obviously more of a commodity. Sorry if that makes me materialistic and unimaginative in your 'dull' mind. You've earned #3 spot on my ignore list. Dolt.

Hahahahaha! Thanks for proving my point with your dull witted verbal barrage.

Believing a person's worth is measured in currency is not only sad, but incredibly inaccurate... but that's an entirely different conversation all together. I 'work' for every disc manufacturer now, in that I am constantly testing out their plastics against each other. True, the pay is nonexistent and the hours are long but the perks make it worth it.

Latest posts