• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What disc did EXACTLY what you expected out the box?

Yeah, I would have to say the Star TL. This disc did exactly what was expected.

2nd in line I would have to say my Elite Z Comet. Straight as an arrow.

Boss, just died out and hyzered hard left.
Roadrunner, flippy and great for a roller
ESP Surge, similar to a wraith but breaks in faster then star
aviar putter, goes in the basket!!!

Z Stalker and Z Buzzz, first shot one hole 1 with the buzzz and i hit the basket 275 ft. away.

I would have to say the Stratus. It was the first disc I bought, knowing I needed something understable, to counter the famous beginners dive I was experiencing, and it didn't fail me. Unfortunately she's all beat up now and mostly only good for rollers.

Aerobie Epic did exactly what I expected. I already had a good thumber before I bought this disc. I bought it expecting that I could eventually get it to barrel roll all the way over and fly straight like a regular back hand. My 4th or 5th throw with it I was able to achieve this feet and the disc flew around 420ft. I still use it as my best big driver today.

Z Wasp performed just like I hoped it would out of the box. I wanted a disc that would fly straight like a Buzzz, but that I could put more snap on without worrying about it turning over. The Wasp met and exceeded that expectation.

kc rocs get better as they get beat in, but is the easiest to place right out of the box imho.

Aerobie Epic did exactly what I expected. I already had a good thumber before I bought this disc. I bought it expecting that I could eventually get it to barrel roll all the way over and fly straight like a regular back hand. My 4th or 5th throw with it I was able to achieve this feet and the disc flew around 420ft. I still use it as my best big driver today.

Did you do any tuning? am curious as I still have one, and while it has been no worse than any other disc I tommy, I still cant get it to get that glide. It just keeps rolling.

Whats your secret.

Teebird and every Discraft disc I've bought so far-- Buzzz, Stratus, Challenger, Surge SS, Drone

Gateway illusion. Worked perfect for my style of throwing right out of the box. Funny thing is, I didnt really know much about it when I bought it, But it turned out to be the best disc I own.

Latest posts