• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What disc do you use for long, narrow, straight, tunnel type fairways?

I just got a champ leopard a few weeks ago and I have to say that I'm impressed with it so far. seems to hold a pretty good line with very little fade at the end. So I guess for me: Longer= leopard Med = roc Short = champ spider or aviar p&a

I like to use a polaris LS or a QJLS in those situations, and of course my lucky ace card is good to have around also.

Depends on how far you can throw. We have a hole like that at my home course. 220ft to the basket from the tee. Only 20feet wide, and 12feet high to the tree line. I would use an Impact, or a Coyote. I played with guy who actually threw a Soft Magnet for that shot. It landed right under the basket.

Champ Leopard is my first pick on most holes that are even fairly straight. If it's a real narrow corridor I find that my champ Panther 175 flies straight as an arrow when I release it right.

Me personly, I use a Pro Valk if its over 220, and a Impact if its under that. Both go dead straight, 5 feet off the ground for me.

We have a lot of holes like that and right now I usually use an Avenger. I used a champ Beast before I lost mine.

I would say a Buzzz up to 300ft and a leopard 320-350 with a slight hyzer to flip. The key is not to overpower, but to follow through smoothly.

It does indeed depend how long. Very short will be a Monarch for me, medium distance would be an Assassin, and long I'd throw this found, beaten dx Eagle which I think is a random spawn gift from the gods, as whatever has happened to it in its life it is now the straightest thing Ive ever thrown. And really long I would dial in the Excaliber, roll my wrist over and snap it as hard as I can.

If it's > 200' I'll throw a sidewinder low and just below turnover speed.

If it's </= 200' I'll throw a roc.

I would throw a bright yellow Champ Leopard. When I hit that tree I want to find my disc quickly. I have a green Champion Spider I no longer throw in the woods for obvious reasons.

i can't beleeive that i haven't posted in this yet... unless this is ANOTHER what disc would you throw thread.

for narrow shots i had a Ching Sniper that could not be outdone. but it is well beyond "seasoned" by this point. i still refuse to take it out of my bag though.

for this type of shot i have added a Roc to my bag and so far it is working well. there are a few other discs i would like to try though to see how well they would do. i've added both the discraft Buzzz and the Ching Legacy to my xmas list.

I must say for the straight and narrow I go to my slightly beat in DX Kite. You have to put a slight hyzer on it to prevent it from turning over, but if you're just right on your release, it will do the straightest country mile you've seen in a while.

I'll throw a leopard if there's any sort of tunnel. For those holes where there's just a basket in yonder forest, soft magnets from tee to chains. They drop fairly dead when hitting a tree, whereas a star or champ disc might ricochet 60-100' into "oh crap".

For long tunnel shots I'll throw my champ T-bird. It holds a great straight line and gets good distance. Ive also had suprisingly good luck throwing my champ monarch through heavily wooded holes ... although that may just be dumb luck.

Latest posts