• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What disc do you use for long, narrow, straight, tunnel type fairways?

I decided to try my nephews 150 LS Polaris on Sunday. I was shocked. That thing goes dead straight. Great for tight fairways and tunnel shots. Don't cost that much either.

Was glad to see props for the JLS earlier in the thread. I found one and have been using it for anything long and straight myself. And for short shots my DX Aviar P & A. My Star Aviar is a bit too overstable with more fade at the end for me.

I also use my Pro Valkyrie for narrow fairways. Thrown just right, it goes dead straight for a long ways.

I use a Polaris LS that is near max weight on narrow or low ceiling straight shots. It works nicely and even holds the line in windy conditions. I will use a max weight Roc that is a little beat if its a shorter shot.

I usually would stick to a JLS or T-bird for distance or a buzz esp flx. Depends on your situation but all are worthy.:D

I gotta say,when I need to shoot straight,narrow and true,in a fairway situation I ALWAYS grab my Innova champ Cobra. Flys straight and believe it or not it flies pretty slow too which I like for long approach or shorter fairways. So go Cobra!

I think I replied earlier in this thread and said that the Orc or Orion LS would be my disc of choice for long tunnel shots, but after using the Polaris LS for a while, I feel the need to add it to my list :) Flies just like a longer-range seasoned Roc...

I played a course in San Antonio yesterday that I have never played. Most of the holes were either narrow fairways, or tight long tunnel shots. Most of the time I reached for my Pro Valkyrie, and it worked every-time. Almost dead straight for almost 300ft.

A Star Kite with a little hyzer on it. It will fly as straight as an arrow and farther than any mid I know. However, it stinks with a strong tailwind.

If I have a little more room or a strong tailwind than a Shark.

Either a Stalker or Surge SS for me depending one the length. SS being the farther of my two,but I get both out straight to the finish.If its a long tunnel thats needs to finish with hyzer then I use a Pulse.

If there's room overhead then just throw a thumber. Takes a lot of the risk out of the shot. ;)

Otherwise I would go with a beat-in teebird.