• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What disc do you use for long, narrow, straight, tunnel type fairways?

BUZZ through the tunnel

long and straight under 300ft reach for a Discraft Buzz, under 250ft or a super tight needle grab an Aviar.

XL or Cyclone ina 350+ tunnel

A Meteor or Buzzz on sub 325 tunnel

RATTLER on a 260ft or closer tunnel

On this hole, I throw my Star Beast, and I can park it most of the time. It goes straight as an arrow:
This is #2 at my home course. Rover Grove Park in Kingwood, TX. This is the course they nickname "Endor"

I would have to completely agree with you. Star Beast is the way to go. I have a beat in X-Out that is just magic for this type of shot.

I've been parking this hole with it regularly.

Last edited:
15 @ Pier Park is fondly referred the the hall of trees. 400' narrowing tunnel. I usually like to throw a Teebird, but have had varying success with the stalker as well.

25-125' : Rhyno
100-175' : Roc / PUTTER (Buzzz or Mako would be great here too, but i dont currently own one).
175-250' : TL
250' + : (slightly) Underpowered SL - I'd wish i still owned a Valk.
* Would also consider (Underpowered Katana & Destroyer, Teebird, and/or a variety of forehand options - Gator, Orc, etc).

Some form of stable disc that takes well to a low, mild hyzer-flip. Whichever disc you have that you can "stripe" and have it bring you as close as possible to the target. What else?

Last edited:
0-200' - Magic
201-320' - Wizard
321-365' - Buzz
366-410 - Stalker
410+ - Still the Stalker, I feel more in control of it than wider rimmed drivers.

The distances would change depending on how high or low the ceiling is.

I usually throw the Aurora MS (Sirius plastic) on all narrow holes the make sure I keep it in the fairway. If there is a little room on a long one... Wildcat (Pro D).