• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What disc(s) do you throw the most?

I've been throwing Fuses a lot lately, trying to knock off the rust and OAT. Love that disc.

I have three different cyclones that I use for most drives between 350-280

ESP is the workhorse, pro d will turn left (LHBH) at high speeds and come back a little bit, and an old beat to hell TP I found for left turning shots

I throw the Aftershock (SP Line) the most. It's a player pack disc from a tourney. I really like it.

Since people have started putting 3 discs... I'll go:

Star Leopard
FLX Buzzz
Glow Wizard/Champion Aviar

Which holes at Circle C did you throw a thumber off the tee on?

Both are from the short boxes- Holes 8 and 13.

Hole 8
a8b6738f.jpg

Hole 13 (this one is at the limits of my thumber distance)
e924d55e.jpg

I think next time I play I'm also going to try it on Hole 10.
1f7de25b.jpg

I like thumbers on downhill holes because even if I have a nice straight backhand drive there's a good chance of blowing by the basket.

I've been throwing Fuses a lot lately, trying to knock off the rust and OAT. Love that disc.

I'm not sure if that's the best OAT correction disc. Even though it's slightly understable it still handles torque very well. If you want a disc that will punish you for OAT go for the X Stratus. My Status is around 2 years old and beat up pretty good. The slightest amount of OAT will send this disc crashing to the right. In fact, it's so sensitive at this point it might be time for a new one, but it can hit lines no other disc can. I did just add an ESP Stratus to my bag so we'll see how that goes.

I might have to give that a shot on hole 8 tomorrow. I've had some issues with blow-bys on that hole the last couple times I've played down there. I can't throw overhand nearly far enough to birdie 13 that way though. 10 has a nice little bank of trees behind the basket that will usually keep you in putting range if you go past.

Glow champ gazelle, has taken over teebird, leopard and many buzzz duties. I really wish I tried this disc sooner.

I get weird while playing in tournaments. The last tournament I played in I threw a surge and then rhyno for upshots for the whole first round. The second round I threw a teebird/roc combo. I would say I throw rocs more than any other disc. 100-400 ft holes my roc is in my hand off the tee unless it's an open field.

I use to always throw my white one. Then I started throwing the yellow one a whole bunch. Now I really like my orange one. I hope that helps.

Ok so my last round at water works I did this
Domey Z Flash 9
Flat Z Flash 5
Z Xpress 2
Z Predator 1
Pro D Banger 1

I don't remember all of my upshots but they were with either Z or ESP Buzzz
I also plan on throwing the Flat Flash instead of Pred next time, or maybe the Domey one..I dunno hole 5 has got me in a rut so far

Latest posts