• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What discs dye best?

dx isnt worth it because of how fast the dye fades and the low quality of the plastic. pro dyes alright. there is actually a thread with homer dye right now

I love Pro plastic for its grip-ability. I have plenty of Star and Champ plastics, but the Pro is by far the grippiest for me. I have only dyed a few Pro discs, but they have all held the dye very well. Black also seems to fade slower with Pro than with Star, imho.

DX CAN be dyed, but never to the depth of shade that the other plastics can. Takes a LOT longer in the dye, and that can lead to the mask not performing as it would under normal conditions.

Has anyone tried using the grip plastic by Lat 64? I have a disc that I want to dye and i want to know how well it will take the dye?

I've had success with Champion and Star. Dyed an R-Pro and it didn't take the dye as well although the design is visible. As far as Discraft goes both ESP and Elite Z have worked for me. Haven't tried FLX yet.

I Love the results that I get from star plastic. It also seems to hold the color better and longer.

I think it's about time for a sticky post with a list of the types of plastics that do or do not dye well. This is probably the 10th thread I've seen about it.