• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] What Discs have you bought Multiples of?

I have at least 5 of the following

300Soft Pa3
Tour Series Luna
4x/Tour Series Zones
ESP Buzzzes
I have 9 total Teebird3's
Thunderbirds
Felons
Wraiths
Sergeants

For cycling and incase I lose one.

I have duplicates of everything else in my bag at the VERY minimum.

Wow, this thread explains why it is so hard to get hold of discs right now. People are stockpiling. This is worse than the COVID toilet paper rush!

Also, I don't feel so bad about trying so many molds over the last 9 months. I'm getting to the stage where I know what I like and I am building up multiples now. Like Wraiths, Vultures, Teebird3s, Truths, Verdicts, Zones and Tanks.

I own 5 omegas and maybe 5 aftershocks every other mold I own less of. If I start getting too many discs I'll get rid of some. There are too many good discs out there to be too worried about not finding replacements. I love my omegas but they could easily be replaced by wizards or kc pro aviar, my aftershocks could be replaced by rocs or buzzzes. I just came back from 4 years away from disc golf and discovered that tsunamis went oop. When I loose my last one I'll switch to something else. It wont affect my game or level of enjoyment.

If you are looking for happiness or security in wealth, power, pleasure or discs you will be disappointed.

Last edited:
my back ups have back ups. however in the bag 3 force, 3 hades, 2 raptors, 3 zones, 2 buzzz, 2 undertakers, 1 nuke, 1 heat, 1 malta, 4 roach. at least 5 of each backed up in different stages of beat up.

I have at least 5 of the following

300Soft Pa3
Tour Series Luna
4x/Tour Series Zones
ESP Buzzzes
I have 9 total Teebird3's
Thunderbirds
Felons
Wraiths
Sergeants

For cycling and incase I lose one.

I have duplicates of everything else in my bag at the VERY minimum.

Wow, you bag Wraiths, Sergeants, Thunderbirds, and Teebird3s? Don't you find that to be a lot of overlap? All pretty similar flight characteristics but in speed 11, 10, 9, and 8. I would have a miserable time deciding what to throw if I carried all of those. And Felons on top of that, which for a speed 9 meathook are pretty mellow.

Wow, you bag Wraiths, Sergeants, Thunderbirds, and Teebird3s? Don't you find that to be a lot of overlap? All pretty similar flight characteristics but in speed 11, 10, 9, and 8. I would have a miserable time deciding what to throw if I carried all of those. And Felons on top of that, which for a speed 9 meathook are pretty mellow.

Drop the Sergeant and I could see enough useful differences between Wraith, Thunderbird, and Teebird3 to carry all three.

Wraith cycle for all distance needs. Thunderbird for the straight to fade, longer Teebird that holds up better in wind. Teebird3 for easy straight controlled drives, beats in toward Leopard3 territory.

You might laugh at me, haha. I throw each one of them.

Generally, I dont throw alot of anhyzers, I'm extremely comfortable with my forehand, I find the Teebird3's and Sergeants are my go to for forehands, whereas the Thunderbirds and Wraiths I typically only throw backhand, its just a hand feel thing for me.

I'm coming to find that a seasoned Sergeant is somewhat overlapping my lightly seasoned Wraiths when I do throw them both the same way. So, with the Sergeant feeling more comfortable for forehand compared to the wraith for me, I forsee removing wraiths by the middle of next summer.

So absolutely there's a bit of overlap, its mainly a reliance on shot preference that will determine the disc. If I need a shorter, controlled forehand, Teebird3. If I want a distance backhand, seasoned Wraith. Felons are mainly for get out of Jail/Thumbers, I only bag 1, but I've managed to accumulate 10

Field work has really helped me determine which discs I find useful for which shots. I buy a LOT of plastic, the wife thinks I'm mad.

K3 and K1 Rekos (obviously for putting, but also throwing)
Z Comets
Wasps (Z and Jawbreaker)
Eagles (Star and Champion)
Star Destroyers

I'll defend the fact that T3's are still a speed 7, not that I care about numbers, but yeah. They're just a Teebird.

I'm definitely a "cycler" of discs; I have been for a while. Since I prefer throwing non-premium plastic my discs beat-in faster for me, which means I buy more of that particular disc. Therefore, I have a good stash of KC Rocs and Aviars. The Wraith is my go-to driver - I have 3 Star Wraiths and 4-5 Pro Wraiths at the ready. I also have some Pro Leopards that I cycle (the most underrated driver out there - specifically in the Pro plastic).

How are you measuring this difference in velocity?

Honestly? No accurate way...

Its more of a feel than an actual measurement. Throwing the Teebird and the T3 back to back, the teebird just felt floaty, the T3 felt more direct. Who knows, currently not sober so should probably put the internet down.

I always carry at least 2 and usually 3 of the same disc in my bag for backups and practice. Here Honeysuckle and Tallgrass abound - can never have enough backups. I don't generally carry more than 5-7 total molds at any one time - so while I might have 15-20 discs, I'm only using a few molds.

I don't buy discs like I used to, but I just bought multiples of this:

picture.php

Mostly I like how it looks, and it is a Champ Roc so it will always be useful to me.

Not sure how many of this particular color/stamp were made. I have seen a handful in different places. Here's two of these; they look so good in person. This picture doesn't do them justice:
picture.php

I've bought a few of these throwers now. They are definitely from different eras.

Last edited:
Honestly? No accurate way...

Its more of a feel than an actual measurement. Throwing the Teebird and the T3 back to back, the teebird just felt floaty, the T3 felt more direct. Who knows, currently not sober so should probably put the internet down.

I know what you're saying...I felt the same way when I first started throwing the Wraith.

I know I'm not throwing it any faster than my other drivers, but it just feels like it gets up to speed quicker.

Striker. I have two gold lines left. Just lost my first one last Fall.

FD. I have two C-lines, a NS2, and a NS3. Big fan.

Kaxe. I have two white ones in K1 and a tennis-ball yellow one in K2 for winter rounds. I love this mold. Luuuurrrrrrvvvvee it.

Tomb. I have four D-lines for putting and one I-blend that's domey AF for approaches.

FD. I have two C-lines, a NS2, and a NS3. Big fan.

I am also a big fan of the FD. Probably why I have about ten of them. Any time I need to add an extra disc to an order to make it worth paying the shipping I usually just get an FD.

Unless they have P2's in stock. I can't get enough of them. I think I have about fourteen of them last time I checked.

Undertakers... just so comfortable to throw for my hand size and shape, I'll use it on any shot I can