• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[DGA] What do people think of DGA plastic?

The only DGA discs that I have used are the Blowfly and the Blowfly II, so the only "plastic" that I have used is Signature.

I love the plastic! Easy grip, sticks in the chains better, very durable, glides, doesn't roll near as much, floats, hardly ever ricochets. Throw it low over snow that is flat and has a bit of crust and it will float for a while by ground effect, which is a lot of fun and can sometimes be useful. :)

The Blowfly II has taken over most of my putt, approach, and shorter midrange shots. My wife is throwing both and a Diamond, and that's it. They fly further than you would think--I can overthrow a 200' hole--and seem to me to fly like a slower, shorter Buzzz.

Could someone do a DGA to Innova/Discraft mold/flight comparison?

Hurricane is to Destroyer
Undertow is to ?
Tsunami is to Predator
Squall is to?
Shockwave is to?
Rogue is to Wraith?
Reef is to APX
Titanic is to Magnet

I have never thrown a DGA disc but am intrigued.

Cheers

Could someone do a DGA to Innova/Discraft mold/flight comparison?

Hurricane is to Destroyer
Undertow is to ?
Tsunami is to Predator
Squall is to?
Shockwave is to?
Rogue is to Wraith?
Reef is to APX
Titanic is to Magnet

I have never thrown a DGA disc but am intrigued.

Cheers

Hurricane is extremely similar to a destroyer. Equally overstable as a domey AJ, more overstable than a flat AJ.

Undertow is unique, maybe like a faster valk/flippy orc.

Tsunami is pretty much identical in flight and feel to a Predator, just as overstable IMO.

Haven't thrown a Squall.

Shockwave is identical in hand to a roc but more overstable.

Rogue is pretty much a SurgeSS (or flippy wraith).

Reef is an APX.

Titanic feels just like a Magnet but flies just like a Challenger.

the plot thickens. . .

If you throw or have thrown DGA plastic, please post your thoughts here!

I skipped to post after reading this, so I didn't read the thread but...

Proline squalls are probably the most underrated midrange in existance. I'm a huge fan of their proline plastic in general (grippy star), and not so much their SP.

They do make some really solid molds though. Squalls and Hurricanes are the standouts.

Hurricane is extremely similar to a destroyer. Equally overstable as a domey AJ, more overstable than a flat AJ.

Undertow is unique, maybe like a faster valk/flippy orc.

Tsunami is pretty much identical in flight and feel to a Predator, just as overstable IMO.

Haven't thrown a Squall.

Shockwave is identical in hand to a roc but more overstable.

Rogue is pretty much a SurgeSS (or flippy wraith).

Reef is an APX.

Titanic feels just like a Magnet but flies just like a Challenger.

Good comparisons on all of these. Squall is kind of like a Zombee. It seems like Discraft gave DGA the Squall mold and then realized their mistake and tried to get in on the awesome Squall action. :D

I just put breakers in my bag this year and I absolutely would do one with a hole in it... best disc addition ever!

besides the PD of course :D

Good comparisons on all of these. Squall is kind of like a Zombee. It seems like Discraft gave DGA the Squall mold and then realized their mistake and tried to get in on the awesome Squall action. :D

Zombees have beads though. Otherwise I agree they're very similar to a seasoned squall.

@BigSky - I think they only make the D-line in 150class? I haven't thrown any D-line DGA stuff.

Zombees have beads though. Otherwise I agree they're very similar to a seasoned squall.

@BigSky - I think they only make the D-line in 150class? I haven't thrown any D-line DGA stuff.

Zombees don't have beads, unless it's a micro bead that I missed.

The D-line Squall is available in normal weights at GGGT. I think it was just released in that plastic this spring.

Zombees don't have beads, unless it's a micro bead that I missed.

The D-line Squall is available in normal weights at GGGT. I think it was just released in that plastic this spring.

Yeah it's a micro-bead but it's definitely there.

...and thanks for the heads up on D-line squalls, they'd probably make awesome roller discs. I might have to pick a couple up.

LETS STOP ALL THIS DGA TALK, i like having underated discs in my bag, dont let the secret out lol

but seriously the pro line hurricanes are awsome and the sp versions are nice and grippy, i also have been digging the undertow, easy to throw, the prolines can get flippy but the glow and sp make for an awsome long fairway driver.

havnt tried the mids because i carry the buzzz but i here good things, as for putters i throw wizards and cant get away from them lol other than that i have all discraft/dga bag, great plastic!!!!!

discgolfcenter.com just got FLEX SP HURRICANES , those should be nice, i havnt felt the plastic yet but i want one

Yeah it's a micro-bead but it's definitely there.

...and thanks for the heads up on D-line squalls, they'd probably make awesome roller discs. I might have to pick a couple up.

I just got a chance to pick up my Zombee, and I gues you're right. It's so small, it's almost like flashing...I wouldn't even really consider it a bead.

I figured you had seen the D Squalls. I haven't thrown one, but if it's like a Zombee, in D plastic...it sounds really nice. I may have to pick a few up at some point too.

I have a Blowfly II that I use for putting and shots when the disc needs to stick. It's really floppy, but a good disc once you get used to it.

So I was looking at possibly picking up a backup Tremor for my current ProLine, and I realized that I have no idea what to compare the ProLine plastic to. Blindfolded, I'd say it feels like BigZ or even just EliteZ. But the marbling is unlike any BigZ I've ever seen; reminiscent of old Goldline plastic with the swirlies and iridescence.

Can anyone break down the plastic offerings from DGA? Like maybe make comparisons to the closest alternative from DC. Seems like Tremors were only made in ProLine.

So I was looking at possibly picking up a backup Tremor for my current ProLine, and I realized that I have no idea what to compare the ProLine plastic to. Blindfolded, I'd say it feels like BigZ or even just EliteZ. But the marbling is unlike any BigZ I've ever seen; reminiscent of old Goldline plastic with the swirlies and iridescence.

Can anyone break down the plastic offerings from DGA? Like maybe make comparisons to the closest alternative from DC. Seems like Tremors were only made in ProLine.

I use this...
https://daegalus.github.io/discgolf/plastics.html

My only DGA disc is a Pipeline, and it's in Proline plastic. But I would not say the Proline plastic is like Z plastic (nor like Gold Line). It's more like gummy Star but not quite GStar.

My only DGA disc is a Pipeline, and it's in Proline plastic. But I would not say the Proline plastic is like Z plastic (nor like Gold Line). It's more like gummy Star but not quite GStar.

Interesting, gummy star this is not. I appreciate that the SP is sparkle Z or possibly sparkle cryZtal, but I was surprised to see that the only two options widely available are pretty Z-ish as far as I could tell. Would like to try a Tremor in 2019 ESP...

By feel and flight, Proline is not G* style plastic. Its closer to Driver Pro than G*, but tougher.

ESP has always felt more like tougher KC Pro than Star, so this makes sense to me.

Chemically, I have no idea.

Last edited: