• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

what do you do when you get a hole in one?

34blast

Bogey Member
I threw a hole in one tonight on hole #1 at Lake Park in Lewisville. Only my second ace ever and first in like 5 years. Do you guys have it signed and retire it or keep throwing it? I'm usually pretty level and expressionless when I play, but I let out a pretty good "YYYYEEEESSS!".

Funny thing is, I lost my champ roc 3. So I went to the disc store to buy another one, but they didn't have one. I found this new looking S-Line VCobra. I figured what the heck $8 I'll give it a try. I only had thrown the disc 4 times. The first time I threw it on another short hole it hit chains, so I hate to retire it already, but don't want to lose it either.

I retired a Champ Thunderbird after I got a 2nd ace with that disc. I still throw my other discs that I have aced just once with. I figured if I lost that disc I would still have to pay to get a new one, so since it was kinda unique getting 2 with it, I figured just spend the lunch money and get another new one.

Congratulations on your Ace!

Congratulations on the Ace. Keep throwing it, obviously it's a basket magnet. Have fun with it. The memory is what lasts. But, do what feels right!

My last ace was in the summer of '07 with a 9X Gazelle. I retired it only because I like my newer Echo Star Roadrunner for that shot now.

(I don't have an ace in 11 years, but I have 10 of them under my belt, all but two in the 1990's.)

This was my actual reaction for both of my aces.

images

Just a feeling of complete shock and amazement out of nowhere on an otherwise normal round of disc golf. I can still hear the sound of the disc hitting the chains like my hearing was amplified by 10

First disc I had signed and hung up on my wall. Second ace was with my trustiest of trusty putters so it's still in my bag but probably wouldn't throw it on a water hole or one with heavy vegetation or any kind of abnormal risk of loss, I plan to eventually retire/hang it at some point once it's worn but still need it for the moment.

I have two aces. Got them signed and wrote the hole and date. Still use both of them when I'm using those molds. The only way a disc gets retired is if it breaks.

The reaction I had to my first ace was to think that I'd lost the disc. It was a blind shot that I was sure I threw long. I don't remember what happened to the disc after that.

FWIW, I don't believe in wall hangers. I think it's kinda sad, like a race car in a museum.

I have 2 aces one with my Z Archer that was lost twice and both times returned to me. It's now retired because of bag reconfiguring. The second ace disc of mine is a Champ Thundy was in my bag during a testing phase against the OLF and it lost but during that time hit an ace with it. Thindy also retired because OLF holds that slot down now. First time O got an ace I was pretty expresionless but very excited. My second ace I screamed F**k yessss!! Did a jumping fist pump and ran it in. Both discs I marked the date, course and hole # on and drew a little ace symbol (spade) on them.

I got an ace yesterday, 220ft baby flex through the trees with a Beat DX Rhyno. Half way there it looked really nice and I said, go in, and then boom, nothing but chain.I just said nice, in my normal voice.

Didn't get an ace last year:(

I don't get them signed. I'm a little OCD about sharpie chicken scratch on my discs, I don't even put my own name and number on them. I also don't retire them, I just keeps a throwen em!

I got an ace a few years ago with a board flat ESP Comet, I traded it away a few weeks later, I just don't like flat Comets, ace or no ace, it went away.

I guess I'm just not a very sentimental or excitable type guy.

I usually get them signed and always keep playing with them. That said, I forgot to get my WI buddy to sign my big bead Aviar that I aced 17 at Sandhills in Asheville with before he went home a couple of weeks ago.

I do have a couple of ace discs retired but due to getting replaced with something newer & better not due to aces.

I only have a handful of aces, and have fond memories of each one. But, I just keep throwing those discs...or not. Sometimes, as my game evolves, I change molds regardless of any previous success in the past. It's just a disc; I threw it, and will hopefully throw lots of others with success also.

I note it on the bottom, with the date, course, and hole.

Then continue playing with it, sometimes with a little reluctance to throw it in high-loss-risk places.

The note is just for a pleasant memory, whenever I notice it.

I note it on the bottom, with the date, course, and hole.

Then continue playing with it, sometimes with a little reluctance to throw it in high-loss-risk places.

The note is just for a pleasant memory, whenever I notice it.

This is exactly what I do. I have 2-3 ace discs in my bag right now, all the others have either gotten too beat (150 DX TeeBird!) or have just cycled out for something I like better.

The last couple I've just walked to the back of the group and let the rest of the card tee off. Their combined length didn't equal 300'.

Two aces. I get excited and accept high fives.

I hit my first one with a P Envy and kept throwing it. I hit my second one a year later with the same Disc. I threw it a little while longer but replaced it and hung it on the wall. Probably the only Disc I will ever hang.

bruh i got so many aces i lost that adrenaline type rush when i hit em

ill usually take a brief moment to talk smack

and then bring it up every time i play the same hole with the same people that saw it because i earned it

I don't react much. Basically the same reaction as if I hit a really long putt.

I keep throwing the disc; retiring it is backwards logic.

Usually my reaction contains a "yes" and happiness that I could score well. But if it is an accidental ace then a look of surprise and peering around the corner to see if it stayed in is normal, followed by the other reaction. I keep throwing the disc though! It obviously worked well so why would I stop using it?? I have a few discs with 2 aces and maybe one disc with 3. I never let people sign the disc, but I write the ace number, date, and location small on the back of the plate

Latest posts