• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

what do you do when you get a hole in one?

I'll let you know when I get one. I've hit chains (often very solidly) well upwards of a dozen times (including hitting the basket or chains at least once on seven of the nine holes on my home course) but have never had one stick. The one I really wish would have stayed in was a near skip ace (270') during a round I played with my two boys. I initially took up the sport as something to do with them, and got hooked of course, but I can only drag them out once a month or so.

I've had two PDGA aces. Both times I found myself doing the Tiger Woods fist pump. Just a gut reaction. Lots of high fives too. I've had several casual aces but I usually play those rounds on my own so nobody sees them.

I keep throwing them, and as a result, my first Ace disc is deep in a lake. If I have a disc that is working, I want to keep using it. I just write the date,course and hole on the top of the disc when I get one.

I hope someday to have one covered in sharpie!

I recently aced hole 17 during a doubles match while we were down 1 stroke and the other team was already parked. Much joy. Very excite. Many high five.

However, there's been times where the ace was much less exciting, but still high five worthy ALWAYS.

I generally have people sign the disc, and I never retire them.

My buddy hit an ace about a month ago. My reaction was "***k off" (we have a friendly ace count competition that he's dominating like 42 to 29). His reaction was minimal, then he turned around, pulled a sandwich out of his pocket and started eating it.

My buddy hit an ace about a month ago. My reaction was "***k off" (we have a friendly ace count competition that he's dominating like 42 to 29). His reaction was minimal, then he turned around, pulled a sandwich out of his pocket and started eating it.

Juke???

I can't have anything in my pocket when I'm throwing except a mini, let alone a sandwich.

I know, I can't even have a phone or wallet or something. My friend plays in cargo pants with tons of stuff in them. I couldn't stop laughing about the sandwich ace for the rest of that round. Who carries a sandwich in their pocket while playing?!

I know, I can't even have a phone or wallet or something. My friend plays in cargo pants with tons of stuff in them. I couldn't stop laughing about the sandwich ace for the rest of that round. Who carries a sandwich in their pocket while playing?!

what kinda sandwich

I just got my first ace last saturday at my mom and dad's acreage. We have a little course we made there. It was about a 300 ft shot to a basket hanging around the backside of a tree, threw out my KC Roc. First throw of the day. It went out, curled around the tree and CHING sat right in the basket. My dad just said "hmm, that'll work". I let out a good "Yeeesssss f***ing finally!!". Now I'll probably wait another 4 years for another...

what kinda sandwich

This is the most important question in this thread.

Ya know, I never asked him. So I just did now:

"It was either a club cold sandwich from Kwik Trip, or the #4 from Milio's"

My money would be on the Kwik Trip sandwich, since he practically lives at Kwik Trips he goes there so much.

Ya know, I never asked him. So I just did now:

"It was either a club cold sandwich from Kwik Trip, or the #4 from Milio's"

My money would be on the Kwik Trip sandwich, since he practically lives at Kwik Trips he goes there so much.

ahh you live in WI your beloved KT are popping up all over MN now thank you for sharing the blessings

My only ace bounced off a guardian tree and into the basket. I was blinking and kind of shocked more than anything else, asking "did that disc really DO that?" Then I went and got the disc, finished the round, took the disc home and put it on the wall...

I'd love it if someone could hold their enthusiasm and just be so whatever about it. That'd be classic and one to remember. It'd be hard to pull off, but epic nonetheless.

I'd love it if someone could hold their enthusiasm and just be so whatever about it. That'd be classic and one to remember. It'd be hard to pull off, but epic nonetheless.

Usually I celebrate a little (fist bumps and whatnot), but when I finally hit Cap Springs hole 8 short to red (flat, wide open, ~160ft), it was only relief I felt. All I did was let out a big sigh, and a quiet "f'in finally" as I put my bag back on.

At lakeview this spring we got caught in the rain. I was like "hold on, let me ace hole 9 real quick and we'll get outta here". Stepped up, lined a Leo3 directly into the sweet spot, calmly turned around as it hit the chains and said "called it". The response was "it bounced out". Stupid Mach V's...

Pretty sure I am way more vocal when somebody on my card aces than I am when I do it myself. Probably too stunned to do much when I ace it other than convince myself it stayed in the basket. More than happy to Ric Flair WOOOOOO when a cardmate and or partner does it.

My most recent ace and only one in 2018 so far was bittersweet. The old warming up before a tournament and playing a few holes to get in rhythm. Hole E at Indy Lake, almost skipped it as it is a somewhat short hole with a pond right in front of the basket. Walked halfway down the fairway, stopped and grabbed a disc and headed back to the tee to get a drive in using the hyzer line. Felt great out the hand and I knew it was clear of the pond so did a quick fist bump and then heard that glorious sound. Look around and one other guy is out warming up and happened to be on the pad for B right by the basket. Looked at each other and just started laughing about it. Wasted my ace before the tourney began and of course had to scramble to save par on the hole when it counted after a tree hit.

Should note, I just sign the inner rim of my ace discs with the course, date and hole # and keep it in the bag.

I think that I saw that from Paul McBeth once or twice on videos. Of course, he plays on somewhat of a different level than most of us. :D

I would link the videos but I'm at work on my phone and can't search for them. I think there was an ace compilation video, maybe.

Latest posts