• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What do you do with your extra plastic?

lilbuzjr

Par Member
What becomes of the discs you do not throw?
Are they stuffed in the attic?
Are they sold on ebay?
Are they given to the youngsters on DGCR (thats me BTW)?

What do you do, and how many discs have you had to do this with?

They are scatterd all around my bedroom, on the floor, on the shelf, on my headboard, around the TV's.....I trade em away for stuff i want :)

i only have a few extras that are in a box in the garage. they will make their way into my bag eventually as most are back-ups. I haven't retired anything yet.

on the wall or in a couple of bags that i have i am working on starting a little shack to sell to poeple who will use them

I melt them down and create plastic models of Twin Peaks characters to play with. I'm working on some really nice velvet drapes for the dream scenes.

I keep a Dragon in my car for when I'm really really needing to throw a disc (and I don't care what happens to it.)

I keep most of my random discs on my enclosed back porch, and I chuck 'em around the back yard prior to work (when I don't have time for a round but still want to throw.)

I have about 50 on my wall in the garage as collector discs, a tub of 40 new discs, a tub of 40 broken in but great condition discs, and about 30 in one of two of my dg bags. I only own about 10 dx discs, the rest are CE, champ. or star/esp. Needless to say, I have more than I need and will eventually be selling only a selected few on ebay.

I also have a box of discs at my elementary school I teach at to use with my 1st grade buddies and my two 2nd grade lunch buddies. They have really taken a liking to it.

Last edited:
Depends. I had a beat to hell valk that I gave my kids, the 6yo boy has an 80' forehand, I'm thinking he may get some extra D. Anything lightweight or flippy goes to the young'uns. Flipped a disc to a Junior I played with at my last tourney, a 168 beat Champ Beast. He was throwing a Beast, but much heavier. The rest I (try to) trade.

Trade, trade, trade, and trade some more. Sometimes I just give discs to my brother. (He's liking that fugly turqiouse Warrior, Three Putt).

My gf and I have a couple tupperware bins full of found/won/extra/retired plastic. We usually throw them in the trunk when we play tournaments, and have made some trades, and have the extras for backups in case of lost or destroyed discs (I'm still mad about that random metal stake my kc pro roc found that took a 2" divot out of the rim...). I've also given away several to new players to get them started.

Have given away well over a hundred discs. Sometimes I trade with friends. I just can't see the purpose in having boxes and boxes and boxes of discs that are worthless to me. Have probably started ten serious golfers with just the stuff that I gave them. I hate to see people on the course that I become friends with throwing huge s curves with a destroyer when they could go much farther with a roc or buzz.

I give away discs to people that answer yes to the question, "If I give you some discs, would you use them to play discgolf?" Thats how I have gotten several folks into this sport. (I'm greedy though.... those discs are usually beat in DX plastic! LOL!)

I have several discs in my spare bedroom's bottom dresser drawer.

I give alot away to new players, the rest gets stuck in trunks, boxes and piles around my house.

I melt them down and create plastic models of Twin Peaks characters to play with. I'm working on some really nice velvet drapes for the dream scenes.

Don't forget the black and white tiled floor. And I'll be happy to take Laura Palmer, Audrey Horne and Shelly Johnson models off your hands.

Extra plastic goes into a Rubbermaid bin and I take used discs to community events for kids to learn with. It's hard to keep up with all the plastic because, for Am's, we get paid in discs, and I usually wind up with totally useless items; like a 168 Groove.

I take alot of my un-used plastic and offer it up for CTP's at Club Mini's.

Latest posts