• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What do you guys think?

skizzle34

Banned
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15dZSVnQako
(Ignore the fact the disc went in the basket haha)

I have never really thought about having my form critiqued but I figure why not? I have built my throw completely on my own and with a high level football background I struggled with trying to muscle through my throw too much for the longest time. I have been working on my finesse game a lot more recently. The video above is me throwing a zombee as if it were a mid range. I would say it was roughly a 45-50% throw hence the short reach back and relaxed snap through. Overall how does it look?

Nice shot, your arm mechanics look ok, but you're not using your hips much.

Looks to me like a good shot for accuracy. Are you specifically looking for a wide open distance shot with that throw? Because if you are then that was not the mechanics for it. But since it went in the basket, that looks like the perfect mechanics for that specific shot. Not every throw has to be for max distance. You adjust your shot power based on what you need.

That shot was purely for accuracy. I do not struggle with distance just finesse shots at times. Next time
I'm out I will get a video of a distance drive.

I'd much rather throw a mid at 80% than a driver at 50% unless it's some weird angle you have to hit, but that's shaping shots. At any rate you are moving so fast that you hop off the front foot, which is energy wasted, instead of transferred and your front hips never clears. So your throw is more like 50% arm but 120% run with 50% transferred, not very efficient or consistent IMO.

To me the zombee is very mid like which is why I threw it on this occasion. As I said I come from a collegiate level football background playing running back so I really struggle with slowing my run up.

To me the zombee is very mid like which is why I threw it on this occasion. As I said I come from a collegiate level football background playing running back so I really struggle with slowing my run up.
Exactly, you are using sheer speed instead of using your hips and weight properly.