• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What do you throw? 2011

vonDrehle

* Ace Member *
Bronze level trusted reviewer
I was bored and came across an old thread where I asked people to list what they would throw on a generic course. I thought it would be interesting to see how peoples preferences have changed.

This is essentially a post your bag thread while playing a standard course. I will tally everything up and see what the results are at the end. I am only going to be looking at Molds not the plastic type as that would cause way to much variety to get anything solid from it.

So just assume this is a standard course with hole sizes ranging from 200ft - 475ft. Some holes go left, some go right, some are straight and narrow, some are open. NO water and average elevation.

Original Thread

Original Results

Looks like a lot of people have been "discing down" lately

3 Teebirds, ranging from new to beat
Champ. Leopard
Z Buzzz
ESP Buzzz
Soft Wizard
SS Wizard, for putting duty

SS Wizard, Ace Race Hornet, Champ Roadrunner, 11xTee Bird, Pro Destroyer and Star Monster are my main discs. Sometimes a Cyclone, Comet, Banshee,ND Surge and a Pro Pig come out of my bag on the course.

Tried out a bunch of molds last year (my first season). This is what I've settled on for this year, a couple of each in assorted plastics and weights...

Distance Drivers:
Valkyrie
Orc

Fairway Driver:
Teebird

Midrange:
Mako

Putter:
Voodoo

Two molds for every speed category:

ION | JOKERi

MD2 | GM

TD | PD

DD2 | PD2

For a new course, I always bring more plastic rather than less just to make sure I have something I may want to throw on a new hole. If I could bring them all, then this:

Destroyer - hyzer driver and max D
Starfire - general driver
Firebird - if windy
Valkyrie (150g for thumbers)
Roadrunner (rollers)
Teebird - general driver
TL - finesse driver
Leopard - turnover driver
Buzzz - general everything
Cobra - mid anhyzers
Pro Rhyno - approach/wind putter
10x Aviar - putter