• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] what do you use for rollers

Ah, I missed the part about him wanting to throw cut rollers. I still stand by my answer, I use my same roller discs for cut rollers. The only thing I change is the angle I lay it down on. Slightly US disc layed down at a minor angle will go SO far right to left (or left to right for LHBH like the OP). They will stand up like a normal roller, but will change orientation so they're standing up and rolling basically at 90 degrees from your lie. Its a tough shot to be controlled with, but you can get some crazy distance where the disc basically makes a hard right angle then rolls for 300 plus feet in a straight line. For me, I don't see the point of throwing backhand cut rollers with OS discs, because you aren't going to get enough lateral movement to justify that shot. Why bother with the roller their when you can just skip something?

They're two different shots, really. You can't get that US disc to act quite as straight in the beginning and still get them to cut the whole way. I also sometimes want to avoid the disc turning over in the air. But I see why you would stick with one disc to roll with (confidence/consistency).

I can get significantly more L-R movement with an OS disc on a cut roller than a skip, but typically I'll throw the roller over the skip based on ceiling issues.

Like has been said: with practice, you'll start to see rollers just like you see air shots now. "I want it to be in the air like this, land like this, roll like this for a while, and finish like this".

I like to stay max weight for rollers. A little more momentum to get through adverse features.

A Mamba will act a lot like your Vulcan.

Beat up Outlaw sometimes, but usually the Legacy Mongoose when i want to sacrifice distance for good control, its designed for rolling.

Depends if you need it to roll in a specific way. Discs follow a similar line on the ground as they do in the air. Heavier weight discs are less prone to being knocked around by pebbles and grass as they carry more inertia. Roll your putters, roll your Destroyers - roll 'em all and see what they do.

Whats a good Trilogy Disc to use for Max D rollers? also medium control rollers?

Champion Eagle L- backhand 400'+, runs out of my practice space into a wall. No idea how far it will go.

FAF Champion Firebird - forehand. Surprised I can get 300' on this. Just play with the angles of release. \ | /

Really fun to get one going. Good luck.

The new MVP Orbital is pretty much only good for rollers, and the one I bought will be my new roller disc.

Latest posts