• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What does your mini say about you?

I've never gotten the mini game, why do so many people put so much emphasis and effort into their mini's?

I see so many on the market and guys only put down, talk about, want certain ones. Whats the deal?

I know its kind of a small token some guys carry from tournaments and stuff, but I feel some guys have minis as fashion statements or little items of flare.

I'm loioking to finally buy my first one, I want to know what the deal is with some people and mini's before I buy mine and look like a lame duck or want a better mini to...."Express my self" . :p

Right now I'm just looking at the brighter the better, make my conscious of where my put line is and not go over.

Mine are sentimental, that is all. I think only once ever have I paid for a mini...and that was because it was glow and had my club's logo on it.

Every other one I've used has been given to me. Strangely it's comforting in those big moments, placing what is essentially a token of friendship and comraderie down in front of my lie. It gives me a positive mental frame of mind to start my putting routine on...so I keep it like that.

Throwing minis is a blast. I would suggest you try it shine day. I am fortune enough to have 7 mini courses here in my area but you can go to your local regular course and throw to those cages. We do that here also. We just add a point to the regular course par and go from there. We just play that if we hit chains and falls into the basket it counts. They do not need to stay in the basket.

I live in Portland and I wish there was a way to know if there was a mini course around here, they had one set up at Worlds this year and it was pretty fun, funny.

I'm blown away they have 7 near you, that must be the mini disc golf Capitol or the world!

Mine says good things about me when I'm around. But I have a feeling it's a different story behind my back

I suspect the same.

Most of the time my mini says: "Why the f.... are you throwing over here dumba....!"

Seeing as my mini is always placed under the basket, I guess you could say mine's saying I'm a baller.

:|

lol...for a long time i used whatever mini was on hand. then i got my hands on a smiley face one and used that for years. then i got a zing mini cause i heard they were nice to throw. it also smelled like berries. switched to that one, and the smell went away so i picked up a new one that smells lemony fresh. ill play with that until it stops being stinky or until i have a really bad streak of putting. then ill start using the mini i got from a buddy from his company Pandamonium.

as far as thrown goes tho, Zing mini, MVP nano, mini Ultrastar are my go-to's.

Seeing as my mini is always placed under the basket, I guess you could say mine's saying I'm a baller.

:|

that or you layup way too much ;p

Last edited:
Mine says I'm a casual player, because it never gets used. I do have some really sweet ones though, like the MVP proton one, or the 2011 Worlds one.

Mine says I attended a Vibram Birdie Bash and got this mini that looks like shoe tread. I tried to find another like it but the Vibram ones I see all look like discs (flat on the top with curved edges) instead.

I have a pink innova metal mini that i won in a southern nationals doubles championship about 10 years ago. My partner and i both got one. We then had our names engraved on them. At first i didn't like it because it was pink but now i love that thing. Metal minis are sweet!!

I have a pink innova metal mini that i won in a southern nationals doubles championship about 10 years ago. My partner and i both got one. We then had our names engraved on them. At first i didn't like it because it was pink but now i love that thing. Metal minis are sweet!!

All this talk about pink minis, partners, and personal engravings are sending mixed signals..:eek:..You gotta be careful with the use of "Partner" in these modern times :doh:.

I have a few minis I don't use/carry. I have two first run champ Aviars with the grid stamp that are really sweet though.

Last edited:

Latest posts