• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] What is a TeeDevil?

the westside sword should replace it well. has just a touch more high speed turn. and finishes a little straighter. i love my TP/GL Sword

Boom. I got one after reading it was like a destroyer. Honestly, I throw it more than my destroyers and its has a thinner rim for better grip

The king is definitely not like a destroyer.way more turn than even a flat destroyer.the halo is closer to the destroyer than the king.its kinda similar in feel but more shallow

Last edited:
The king is definitely not like a destroyer.way more turn than even a flat destroyer.the halo is closer to the destroyer than the king.its kinda similar in feel but more shallow

He was talking about the Sword rather than the King. The Sword is definitely the closest Westside/Lat64 disc to the Destroyer.

well Lat also hasn't been screwing up molds for 25 plus years. i think Lat has showed that they are trying to get better. INNOVA just has the same issues over and over and over. i feel frustrated that I can't recommend their discs to new players since they will probably get different discs and have the same headaches i'm having down the road.

any lat64 or discraft that can replace the destroyer?

Riot or even a Flow. Who ever says Lat.64 are inconsistent obviously have not thrown enough discs. Even if the molds are slightly different the flight paths never seem to change... Had 10 strikers and they all flew straight as arrows, 5+ Flows and all the same, riots always slightly OS with less glide, XXX and Blitz are super OS, Cores glide like no disc out, it just keeps going... Only threw innova starting out, then discraft and now Lats- not because they look good but because they HOLD UP and FLY AS MARKETED. The plastic is SO superior to their other companies and do not have 10 of the same disc with a different name as well as 10 other specialized discs etc... Floating disc? HOW ABOUT DONT THROW IT IN THE WATER! OS/SS versions of a solid driver... hmm talk about marketing scam there ALREADY ARE OS/SS drivers BEING PRODUCED WHICH WORK BETTER!

-Only throw lats!

man all the discs they are coming out with are crazy...and now hybrids..why? because theres nothing left to make so now they're making two discs into one? stupid. screw fast "speed" drivers, I'll stick to my original stuff...

For sure king's are much more understable than a Destroyer but also don't feel like the Halo is as overstable as (some) of the destroyer molds. Halo seems to want to helix more than hold a good line like most destroyers will.

Riot or even a Flow. Who ever says Lat.64 are inconsistent obviously have not thrown enough discs. Even if the molds are slightly different the flight paths never seem to change... Had 10 strikers and they all flew straight as arrows, 5+ Flows and all the same, riots always slightly OS with less glide, XXX and Blitz are super OS, Cores glide like no disc out, it just keeps going... Only threw innova starting out, then discraft and now Lats- not because they look good but because they HOLD UP and FLY AS MARKETED. The plastic is SO superior to their other companies and do not have 10 of the same disc with a different name as well as 10 other specialized discs etc... Floating disc? HOW ABOUT DONT THROW IT IN THE WATER! OS/SS versions of a solid driver... hmm talk about marketing scam there ALREADY ARE OS/SS drivers BEING PRODUCED WHICH WORK BETTER!

-Only throw lats!

Aim for the chains- "Hey Lat 64, where's that 30 bucks you promised me for my shameless plug having nothing to do with OP?"

Most of my favorite discs to come out in the last 2 years have been Latitude and Westside and I've got several in my bag (Fuse, River, XXX, Sword). That being said, consistency has not been their strong suit. With them, I find a run I like and hoard it because they've failed on many occasions to produce runs that fly the same. Often times one run is flat or has a normal dome, then the next has a HUGE poppy top. This affects everything from how the disc feels in your hand, to flight characteristics such as speed, glide, and wind resistance. They also use some different stiffnesses and colorants in their plastics which also causes them to fly different. Maybe Jeronimo will post here as he's experienced this as much as anyone as he has thrown hundreds of Lat64 discs. Their plastic is as good as anyones, but 10x better? It's all just urethane...Also, Lat64 is pumping out molds at a dizzying pace and I fear they will not all remain in production(Mirus? Primitus?). They already do have quite a few specialty discs as well(vision, trident, XXX, Diamond, all pretty specifically marketed). I also think Discraft's SS/OS is less confusing than having a billion different unrelated names without any organization. Discraft's max D driver is simply the Nuke--once you've thrown that you have a pretty good idea how the SS and OS versions will fly instead of buying new discs with no idea.

Because I support Lat64 I don't want to present a utopic version of their products as people are bound to be disappointed. I'd rather be objective so people know how to get the best disc for themselves from Lat64/Westside. I really enjoy picking their discs out for people at the store so they get what they are looking for without a bunch of trial and error.

Last edited:
Wow that was a thread drift, but since no one has thrown a TeeDevil yet, I guess its ok.

Most of my favorite discs to come out in the last 2 years have been Latitude and Westside and I've got several in my bag (Fuse, River, XXX, Sword). That being said, consistency has not been their strong suit. With them, I find a run I like and hoard it because they've failed on many occasions to produce runs that fly the same. Often times one run is flat or has a normal dome, then the next has a HUGE poppy top. This affects everything from how the disc feels in your hand, to flight characteristics such as speed, glide, and wind resistance. They also use some different stiffnesses and colorants in their plastics which also causes them to fly different. Maybe Jeronimo will post here as he's experienced this as much as anyone as he has thrown hundreds of Lat64 discs. Their plastic is as good as anyones, but 10x better? It's all just urethane...Also, Lat64 is pumping out molds at a dizzying pace and I fear they will not all remain in production(Mirus? Primitus?). They already do have quite a few specialty discs as well(vision, trident, XXX, Diamond, all pretty specifically marketed). I also think Discraft's SS/OS is less confusing than having a billion different unrelated names without any organization. Discraft's max D driver is simply the Nuke--once you've thrown that you have a pretty good idea how the SS and OS versions will fly instead of buying new discs with no idea.

Because I support Lat64 I don't want to present a utopic version of their products as people are bound to be disappointed. I'd rather be objective so people know how to get the best disc for themselves from Lat64/Westside. I really enjoy picking their discs out for people at the store so they get what they are looking for without a bunch of trial and error.

Agreed!

Inconsistency is inherent in all disc manufacturing. Lat64 consistently produces the highest quality plastic though, and as champ has gone through a few bad blends lately, I value that quite a bit. Lat64 has also taken steps in their manufacturing to reduce unwanted variation such as the recent addition of a mechanical deflasher.
Whatever inconsistencies, I've never come across a really horrible Lat64 disc and the differences are small compared to the molding inconsistencies between Innova runs and plastics (not to mention misuse of mold parts: C-TD+*, C-PD+, destrulcan).
Innova is also just trying to fill holes in the flightchart with whatever disc they can stitch together (wasn't that Millennium's job?) but Lat64 still produce thought-out molds.

*great mistake

Innova has run a thousand discs to every one of Lat64's, so it's not that fair of comparison yet. I do agree than Lat64 is more concerned about their products and responsive to costumers at this time than Innova.

Getting back to the Original topic... If you don't like the TeeDevil, don't buy one yet. Wait 5 years for when original Destroyers are OOP, then buy the inevitable TeeDevil hybrid Innova will release- A TeeDevil with an original Destroyer top.

It seems Innova comes out with too many mold designs to keep up. It took me a while to tryout the Boss when it came out when I was throwing Destroyers. After awhile I went back to my Destroyers. If you watch videos of pros describing what's in their bag, rarely do you hear about them throwing these new discs. It's mainlyseveral molds of Destroyers, Teebirds, Rocs, Firebirds. I think what is key is to know the discs that are in your bag that will fly consistently. I was dissapointed with the Ape, haven't thrown a Vulcan or Archon, and have no desire to try out another new Innova disc. I am checking out the new Rampage.

I just wish that when you bought an innova disc that it would be consistently the same, but I am finding that's not the case. For example, the new Avery Jenkins Destroyers "pop-tops" are very stable compared to previous flatter Destroyers. I just won a 12x Champion Firebird, and this thing is super flat, which I'm happy with, but previous Firebirds I've thrown were slightly domey. Where's the consistency? I rarely hear players throwing Discraft having these issues. And I do throw the Buzzz, Wasp, Stalker, Surge, and Nuke, and everytime I've got a new one, they always fly pretty much the same right out of the bag.

....he just said the opposite of what you wrote earlier, and you now completely agree. That they are not a consistent brand disc to disc...

SOOO sorry.. with PARTS of what he is saying, yes. The difference in molds still do not change their flight patterns like other manufactures.

SOOO sorry.. with PARTS of what he is saying, yes. The difference in molds still do not change their flight patterns like other manufactures.

No sweat. I just figured that since the company has discs that don't fly anything like they are labeled (i.e. the king), has plastic that is impossible to grip when damp, and have had issues making consistent discs just like any other company, that you should get just a little jeering for your post about them :D

That said, they make some of the slickest (literally) discs I've seen; GL puts star to shame in looks hands down. I'm excited to see them hit their stride, and from what I have heard, they have been responding much more positively than Innova seems to be with customers, etc.