• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] What is a TeeDevil?

has plastic that is impossible to grip when damp,

This describes all plastic imo. I can putt some Gateway soft/ss on short putts even when wet. Any premium plastic or throwing any harder than a 25' putt and I can't use anything when wet. This is why I have towels, umbrella, cart, and a bag with dust creating clay pellets all to mitigate hand moisture in different conditions. I can't rip anything with the slightest bit of moisture on my hands.

No sweat. I just figured that since the company has discs that don't fly anything like they are labeled (i.e. the king), has plastic that is impossible to grip when damp, and have had issues making consistent discs just like any other company, that you should get just a little jeering for your post about them :D

That said, they make some of the slickest (literally) discs I've seen; GL puts star to shame in looks hands down. I'm excited to see them hit their stride, and from what I have heard, they have been responding much more positively than Innova seems to be with customers, etc.

lol. yes Latitude 64 bias here, as for westside, they are 100% separate company from Latitude and their ratings are #$%^& .. totally agree about the King and have yet to throw others due to the durability being inferior and ratings junk so how do we even know what to purchase. the 2% difference in plastics is apparent in regards to their durability but seems like westside VIP or whatever it is called does grip slightlyyyy more than an opto which like you said, will never cause a grip lock issue ;) now Latitudes GRIP line is pretty similar to FLX/ESP but they fail to make any drivers in that line :/

The feel of opto plastic is sooo buttery though and hardly any flash vs some on champ or Z lines which will slice a finger like a knife. plus they are sexxxxxxxxy!

lol. yes Latitude 64 bias here, as for westside, they are 100% separate company from Latitude and their ratings are #$%^& .. totally agree about the King and have yet to throw others due to the durability being inferior and ratings junk so how do we even know what to purchase. the 2% difference in plastics is apparent in regards to their durability but seems like westside VIP or whatever it is called does grip slightlyyyy more than an opto which like you said, will never cause a grip lock issue ;) now Latitudes GRIP line is pretty similar to FLX/ESP but they fail to make any drivers in that line :/

The feel of opto plastic is sooo buttery though and hardly any flash vs some on champ or Z lines which will slice a finger like a knife. plus they are sexxxxxxxxy!

Latitude plastic is Westside plastic...They are made in the same factory, and all the Westside mold shapes look much more like Lat64 discs than any other company. I would not call this 100% separate. The durability is the same, the colors are the same, the grip is the same. The only difference is that so far Westside plastic is consistent, while Lat64 uses a couple different blends (hence the 2%). In other words there is Opto plastic that is the same as VIP (grippy, softer, slightly less durable) and Opto that is stiffer than VIP and usually opaque. Tourney is exactly the same as Goldline.

El Kabong I believe said something about Lat64 recently getting a new machine to take flash off. Prior to this I've seen the ABSOLUTE WORST flash on Lat64 discs that I've ever encountered. The toughness of Opto has made it terrible to remove as well. I'm in a unique position to get to go through a lot of plastic at CDGS, so my opinions are based on a very large sample.

This describes all plastic imo. I can putt some Gateway soft/ss on short putts even when wet. Any premium plastic or throwing any harder than a 25' putt and I can't use anything when wet. This is why I have towels, umbrella, cart, and a bag with dust creating clay pellets all to mitigate hand moisture in different conditions. I can't rip anything with the slightest bit of moisture on my hands.

I should rephrase that then... I had an opto river. LOVED the plastic, felt like the most indestructable leopard of all time. But when it got wet, I had a super hard time drying it off. It simply just would not dry, and it is easily the slickest plastic I've felt wet. I agree wet champ/star are beasts to get a hold of, but i can at least get them dried off. Again, why I throw baseline and pro/elite x a lot. if lat 64/westside start making drivers in a pro/elite x plastic, i'm totally going to be all over them and stop hating.

I should rephrase that then... I had an opto river. LOVED the plastic, felt like the most indestructable leopard of all time. But when it got wet, I had a super hard time drying it off. It simply just would not dry, and it is easily the slickest plastic I've felt wet. I agree wet champ/star are beasts to get a hold of, but i can at least get them dried off. Again, why I throw baseline and pro/elite x a lot. if lat 64/westside start making drivers in a pro/elite x plastic, i'm totally going to be all over them and stop hating.

Do you use microfiber? I'm not talking the super cheap ones Innova stamps their name on, but something you would buy in the auto section at Target for example. I've had that problem before with regular towels/cheap microfiber--like you are just spreading the moisture around and not taking it off. The towels I have now are great and get everything off. Though once in a while the temp/humidity is just right that moisture is condensing on the surface of the disc even as you wipe it off.

Do you use microfiber? I'm not talking the super cheap ones Innova stamps their name on, but something you would buy in the auto section at Target for example. I've had that problem before with regular towels/cheap microfiber--like you are just spreading the moisture around and not taking it off. The towels I have now are great and get everything off. Though once in a while the temp/humidity is just right that moisture is condensing on the surface of the disc even as you wipe it off.

Dang, you might have figured this out. I was using one of those innova yellow microfiber towels.

my key towel became a microfiber intended for glass - very smooth and 3 bucks at target. i put a disc in the sink and dried it off 30 times before i got bored and said good enough :p

my key towel became a microfiber intended for glass - very smooth and 3 bucks at target. i put a disc in the sink and dried it off 30 times before i got bored and said good enough :p

Target microfiber towels rule. I got an 8 pack on sale for like $10. I think they are 18"x10". Anyway, they are soft, thick, and absorbent. I even took one with me when I went swimming and one towel completely dried me off.

I remember hearing that the next disc that they were coming out with was supposed to be a less stable destroyer. Like the Archon is to the Wraith. I don't really remember where I heard it from so not real sure on how legit it is.

That is interesting. I use to throw destroyers quite a bit and would always bring along a couple seasoned pro destroyers for turnover shots. Having an out of the box pro destroyer would seem like a good thing.

Cheers - Koffee

beat pro destroyers are my distance forehand shot,this might be the first warp speed besides the destroyer i purchase :|

Hey disc come play in most of Texas. Right now the only thing a towel is good for is wiping the sweat from your face or the dust off your disc. Its so dry right now, add in that my hands are naturally dry and im having to moisten my fingers before I throw.
On the O.P. more choices means more competitors means more choices. Teedevil may not be for everyone but someone will like it. I do not care for the Vulcan top so im going to pass.

I'd rather play in the dry parts of texas,than playing in Georgia... :(

Even though I know some parts of texas are just as humid and hot,if not more.

Yeah we are getting a break from 100 degrees with 90% humidity with a heat index of 103. Instead its just straight up 107.heh Humidity sucks. Kinda sad when you step outside and say 103 feels pretty good.

Hey disc come play in most of Texas. Right now the only thing a towel is good for is wiping the sweat from your face or the dust off your disc. Its so dry right now, add in that my hands are naturally dry and im having to moisten my fingers before I throw.
On the O.P. more choices means more competitors means more choices. Teedevil may not be for everyone but someone will like it. I do not care for the Vulcan top so im going to pass.

Our winters here are super dusty...and the microfibers work great for that too as normal towels always leave a fine layer of dust on the disc.

Yeah we are getting a break from 100 degrees with 90% humidity with a heat index of 103. Instead its just straight up 107.heh Humidity sucks. Kinda sad when you step outside and say 103 feels pretty good.

Ouch,i can relate.

Fortunately i'm in North Carolina today,85 with low humidity,disc golf to be had soon :)

Our winters here are super dusty...and the microfibers work great for that too as normal towels always leave a fine layer of dust on the disc.

I get some crazy looks for showing up at the course with a towel right now heh.

beat pro destroyers are my distance forehand shot,this might be the first warp speed besides the destroyer i purchase :|

i'll trade you a pro destrovulcan for a pro destroyer? and i have a star for trade/sale if you like it.

Nikon00001701.jpg

Nikon00001700.jpg

Nikon00001699.jpg

Nikon00001698.jpg

Nikon00001697.jpg

I'll take those dry winters for this muck nasty wettness where it has been I would just go in the creek at coachmen just to clean off my shoes

Latest posts