• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] What is a Valkyrie in Discraft terms?

Nick C

Birdie Member
Sorry if this has been posted but I know a few discs between innova and discraft that are similar but I'm not sure what the equivalent to the Valkyrie is for Discraft (if it even has one). Can anyone hit me with some knowledge?

I dont' honestly know...I have a champ valk that is more stable then my star valk, so if I would guess I would have to say either an Avenger (avenger SS would be a beat in valk) or a Surge SS...

According to the GGGT chart the Wildcat requires a little more power but is exactly the same.

That must depend mightily on arm speed and power because my Z Wildcat is much more stable than my Star Valk.

The closest thing to the Valk in my bag is either the Avenger SS or the older Slipstream GT.

Marshall Street's chart agrees with my assessment of the Slipstream: http://marshallstreetdiscgolf.com/disc_golf_flightguide.html

Last edited:
No way its a Surge SS - Surge SS's go very straight for the most part not a ton of HS turn. Valks are know for their S shot ability.

I just ordered an Avenger SS, because in theory it'll be a touch less stable than my Valkyrie and more stable than my Sidewinder. (There's a pretty big gap in between the Valk and the SW, at least the ones I have.)

But Discraft's closest thing to a Valk? I'd say XS, maybe XL.

I just ordered an Avenger SS, because in theory it'll be a touch less stable than my Valkyrie and more stable than my Sidewinder. (There's a pretty big gap in between the Valk and the SW, at least the ones I have.)

Yeah that's about right. I was actually going to compare the Avenger SS more to the Sidewinder than the Valkyrie.