• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is the best way to ship discs

If you're shipping 2-3 discs, look into using a USPS Priority Mail padded flat rate envelope. You have to order them online, but they're only $5.10 up to 70 pounds (which you won't hit with three or less discs). So if you consider $2.80 for one, or $5.10 for three, that's a massive savings.

https://store.usps.com/store/browse/uspsProductDetailMultiSkuDropDown.jsp?productId=P_EP14PE

^
These are the bubble mailers that bcr is talking about. I might point out that unlike store bought bubble mailers, they are free, so you save money there too.
Thanks. Good stuff. Just ordered some via that link.

Though the use of "ordered" seems somewhat inappropriate when the cost was $0.00 and the shipping was $0.00.

Didn't want to make a new thread, but thinking of shipping a Grip bag. What's the most cost efficient way to do so?

If it ships it fits

I work for the Postal Service, I see lots of packages get busted up because of customers not taping and securing their packages very well. I use Priority Mail Boxes from the Post Office
1. They are free,
2. you can put lots of items in them for 1 price.
3. it gets there in about 2-3 days

Remember this: Make sure you pack those disc securely ( no rattling around or shifting inside the box), and secure the box with lots of Packaging tape ONLY do not use Duct tape, Masking Tape, or Adhesive Tape. Use Insurance and Delivery Confirmation. Hope this helps.

I work for the Postal Service, I see lots of packages get busted up because of customers not taping and securing their packages very well. I use Priority Mail Boxes from the Post Office
1. They are free,
2. you can put lots of items in them for 1 price.
3. it gets there in about 2-3 days

Remember this: Make sure you pack those disc securely ( no rattling around or shifting inside the box), and secure the box with lots of Packaging tape ONLY do not use Duct tape, Masking Tape, or Adhesive Tape. Use Insurance and Delivery Confirmation. Hope this helps.

I'm curious why you say to not use Duct Tape. I usually use packing tape, but have used duct tape in the past without any issues. Sometimes I'll use it to cover up old writing when I'm re-using an envelope.

The instructions I found here: https://www.usps.com/ship/box-packaging.htm? say to use packing tape, but don't specifically prohibit duct tape.

I'm curious why you say to not use Duct Tape. I usually use packing tape, but have used duct tape in the past without any issues. Sometimes I'll use it to cover up old writing when I'm re-using an envelope.

The instructions I found here: https://www.usps.com/ship/box-packaging.htm? say to use packing tape, but don't specifically prohibit duct tape.

Might be a weight thing. Duct tape weighs more and in extreme heat I believe it can unravel. For what we use it for I don't see an issue.

Am I the only one who doesn't use a padded envelope when I ship a disc? I can whack trees without making a mark in champ and star plastic. So I figure what's the post office going to do to it?

Has anyone received a disc that was torn up during shipping?

I never mark packages as 'fragile'.

Don't want them to take it as a challenge. ;)

Am I the only one who doesn't use a padded envelope when I ship a disc? I can whack trees without making a mark in champ and star plastic. So I figure what's the post office going to do to it?
If you've ever seen the inside of postal processing facility like the one I work in, you'd rethink that. Part of the benefit of padding isn't just to protect the contents from damage, but to keep the contents from disemboweling.

If your unpadded manila envelope rips and the discs come out, there's no guarantee that USPS will be able to match the contents and the envelope back together.

For what it's worth, even though I'm sure this has been stated... I shipped 6 discs in a medium flat rate box last week for like $12. Added a confirmation number for $0.75 cause all 6 were Roc3's and wanted to make sure they got to the location alright. $2 a disc isn't bad at all. Wouldn't of been able to fit any more in there, but they were all mids, so I'm sure if they were drivers could of gotten 1 or 2 more to fit. First time ever shipping more than 4 discs, but it was successful. Who I shipped to was more than happy, and that's what matters.

The best way to ship discs is with one of these.
May or may not be cost efficient, but recipient won't have any complaints, even if disc arrives damaged.

Latest posts