• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

what is the hardest disc to throw properly?

Only because you spend 3 minutes trying to figure out how to grip the dang thing. Even on the thinner part of the rim it feels like a piece of wood. The It makes no sense with nose angle and hyzers upside down 100' one direction turns and goes 90" in another. The things not squirrely, it just makes not sense.

I used to be able to tune it to how I wanted it to turn on an overhand. Took too much work and ended horribly if it was tuned incorrectly. Not worth it.

TeeBird for distance (not for control or fairway landings), but I think I have a hang of it. I can get 375-400 with no turn or fade. Discs like it are included in this statement, like the River and Ascent.

Z Nuke for open distance. In order to truly get more distance than other discs, at least for me, it has to be on a flexing line. Throwing it hyzer gets me no more distance than a Valkyrie. Not hitting the right line will either turn it over into the ground on the right or it will stall too early and dump hard left.

Beyond that, I will add that any understable disc is difficult for me to learn because of the snap I can generate. It actually is more difficult to learn how to power down than to simply muscle a stable disc into a turn. I am working on it. A year ago I scoffed at Roadrunners, Sidewinders, Valkyries, etc. Now I am fairly confident with a Valkyrie and I am currently working on controlling a Champion Sidewinder.

Conversely I would like to add to the thread the easiest disc to learn. I picked up a Star Firebird, Champion Firebird, both near max weights, and a 150 Champion Firebird for thumbers. I do not know which version they are, but most likely they are the newest ones in production. Regardless, they flew exactly how I envisioned they would. They have become a staple in my bag, those three displacing five discs that used to be in their.

monarch just gave up on it ....10 bad throws.....game over

but most people try the XXX and say waht the heck....as it hyzers out of hand.

Comet for me but I'm working on it.

as soon as you start to get a feel for it, you're going to love all the things it can do for you. i like experimenting with throwing it at different angles, it's become a great anhyzer approach disc for me

I just got several random discs included with a basket I got on Craig's list and I have to say that the EPIC is the hardest to throw disc that I have tried so far. I am pretty intrigued though since it is so different from my other discs... I think I will keep working at it.

I would have to say " The Wheel" from Quest.
In the picture it looks like you just roll it towards the basket, then it jumps in.
I can do a pretty good forehand roller shot with my Monarch, but it doesnt jump.
Now, most of the courses I play, the area around the baskets are usually pretty flat, so maybe this is a regional thing.
Is there baskets somewhere with little bike ramps so your disc can roll up and jump in ?
Has anyone perfected the bunny hop with this disc ? Got video ? :D

I would say a Z comet. it really lets you know when you hit a good shot and when you take a bad shot.

CHEERS - Koffee

Latest posts