• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is the worst disc you ever bought?

Vote on the worst disc ever made

• Total voters
I've never owned a bad golf disc.

I hear ya there, it probably wasn't the disc's fault, but I saw "Flick" & immediately thought I finally found the right disc for sidearm drives. That was not the case for me & I just left out on the course one day. This was several years ago & it might work for me know.

For me, the Quest AT Inferno in premium plastic afer the mold change.

I had an older Inferno that I lost and ordered a new one online just to find that it was a completely different disc than what I expected. Flew more like a glideless Orc or an Illusion, when previously it was more like a longer Sidewinder.

Now the old mold has been rereleased as the Classic Inferno.
I won't buy it though... I'm done with Quest after that experience.

Classic Inferno :: Coke Classic
Inferno :: New Coke

I had an older Inferno that I lost and ordered a new one online just to find that it was a completely different disc than what I expected. Flew more like a glideless Orc or an Illusion, when previously it was more like a longer Sidewinder.

Me too, I stocked up on some Infernos awhile back, not knowing they had drastically changed the mold, that was my 2nd worst disc/s purchase.

Aerobie Arrow. Worst putter I have ever felt, it's uncomfortable, a weird plastic, and very odd flight characteristics.

Crazy weird disc. I saw a newbie using it for putting on the course the other day and suggested he might want to switch it for a Aviar or Wizzard. For me it was the raging inferno, bizzare and unpredictable slights for me.

GROOVE.

It was totally my fault though, did not have the capability to throw that disc at the time.

---
and I love my R-Pro Dart, amazing approach and line-holding disc. Can get you into trouble with its glide though, just gotta know it.

A Red Z Reaper. Worst disc I ever had - incredibly overstable when I was just beginning in a 175. I still have it in my trunk. Wanna trade for it? :) Next time I go up to Sunrise I'm gonna throw it off the Sacrificial Ledge.

i got this disc "the wheel" man that thing sucked i rolled it into 20ft water on purpose. someone called me on it and gave it back now its a water dish for my friends dog.

You read my mind! I have one of the later molds too I believe, SRP plastic. It had a jagged inside rim when I got it, with multiple cuts. It's super domey and just a poorly made disc. I can't believe they let this one through quality control. It was much more understable than I thought it would be as well.

p.s. I'm also bitter that I got the inferno along with my surge from MS, and I specified "no purple or pink please" in the disc request line or whatever -- they sent me two discs with purple stamps :hfive: .... :wall:

The flick at first, I bought it. Threw it a few times and gave it away. Year or so later I tried it again and now I have 2 in my bag.

And both the groove and the boss

Flex predator, only because i have a noodle arm and the disc is extremely overstable.

star boss, still have it in my bag unfortunately. does nothing but a mean 200' meathook. it needs breaking in, as its a frickin wild mustang right now.

I would say Epic, but I dont think its as bad as everyone puts on, it is just so specialized and other discs can fill that specialty just as well and do other things. I will just say mine was replaced with a Flick and I am betting those guys that can bomb an Epic, can also bomb a Flich or one of the other OH discs.

Still dont hate the disc and sometimes wish I still had mine just for fun so, I am more in the company of those that dont think there is really a bad disc, just bad for some people.

I know this will probably tick off a few folks here. But I really dont care for the Vibram X Link putter I bought. I used it for about a dozen rounds and just couldn't get the hang of it. Aside from that I would say the Quest Inferno I bought is a steaming pile of crap as well! Threw it three times knicked a tree with it the last time and lost a chunk the size of a quarter out of it!

Latest posts