• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is the worst disc you ever bought?

Vote on the worst disc ever made

• Total voters
Ahhh, the worst disc I think I've ever bought was a Kite. When I got home I realized the weight was like 163. I think a soda lid from the gas station is more overstable.

R-Pro Boss - Most incosistent disc Ive ever thrown. Flew straight when I bought it. Hit one tree with it and now it flips into a crazy roller.

I hated my Groove after the first few throws. I thought maybe it was me or the disc was just too stable off the shelf, but then started talking to other disc golfers who hated it too. It's sitting in my closet somewhere collecting dust after less than twenty throws.

They are a cool looking disc though. But I don't like them. Monarchs are OK.

people hate the groove because they don't have the arm for it yet.

My dad wanted to buy a katana for one of his first discs, I stopped him. You need to master the slower discs before buying what ever is new because it is new.

I would think if you didnt like the Groove BH, it would make a decent OH disc.

I hate to be a broken record but the groove was the biggest dissapointment I have ever bought.

As I said Grooves suck in my opinion. I've found uses for the Boss and will buy a Katana when they are available locally.

i can't remember buying a disc i didn't like. maybe a glo roc b/c the plastic is ****e.

I'll take all those epics you guys didn't like.

The worst disc I ever bought was an R-pro boss. Useless.

dx orc, it was like brick red, awsome disc stupid color. every time i throw it i spent 20 min looking for it. i gave it to a friend.

One time I bought a "H" Illusion because they were relatively new and Dave Mac was hyping them up on the PDGA boards as the fastest and longest disc out. It was flat and it just sucked. It started out quite overstable with no glide. I hit some trees with it as advised and it turned into a squirrely POS. I was trying to throw all Gateway at the time...I had been throwing Orcs over 400', but I couldn't get that Illusion to even fly 350' consistently. If I threw it low it would just drop out of the air, If I threw it high it would turn and then stall without going anywhere. It made it clear to me that going all Gateway at that time was a foolish.

champ GROOVE and champ valkerie. the valkerie dropped like a ton of bricks when i first threw it. i can get it a little farther now, but i still don't use it much.

I would have said the Orc but that disc made a big turnaround for me and i actually use it quite a bit more now. So I would have to say the Star Max was the biggest waste of money for me so far its just a big gummy meathook.
All types of Maxs' stank and I hate em

Last edited:

Latest posts