• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is this disc worth? (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lost Treasure!

I was walking up to the next hole at my local course and I look up and see a pile of discs and a scuba tank... *scratches head* ...Apparently, over a couple days he found over 350 discs in the quarry that 2 lined one of the holes. I walked up and bought 6 for $20. Those netted me about $115. I went to his house to check them out again and here's what I came back with:

Row 1:
Gummy Pre-Barry 163g Blood Red Champ. Beast 8.9/10
Pearly 1x-Barry 175g Salmon Champ. Beast 7.5/10
Very Pearly 2x 168g tie-dye Champ. Beast 7/10 ink

Row 2:
177g tie-dye Pro Firebird 9/10
Very Pearly and Flat 169g Blue Champ. Viking 8.5/10
.CAL Tooled 180g DX Viper Rainbow stamped 9/10

Row 3:
175g (marked 176 lol?) Yellow Pro Line Orc 6/10 ink
.CAL Tooled 150g Orange QJLS 8/10
.CAL Tooled SE Off-White Leopard (slightly warped) 5.5/10

I also traded an old Eagle for an old Pro Firebird-L. It is very grippy and the back is a very finger-printy-ish plastic. Not sure if it's anything special, but it definitely feels like it is!

So. Any thoughts on what I have here in value?

Attachments

• Disc Golf Lot 1.jpg
    Disc Golf Lot 1.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 105
  • 2012-09-19 15.13.59.jpg
    2012-09-19 15.13.59.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 23
  • 2012-09-19 15.14.40.jpg
    2012-09-19 15.14.40.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 35
yeah, two color stamp and it says APPOVED not APPROVED!

I am glad this was brought up. Does this mean that the bubbles are a different color than the writing or does that mean the bubbles are two colored? I have seen one of those on ebay and it is amazing. It went for a pretty penny too. Thanks again

I was walking up to the next hole at my local course and I look up and see a pile of discs and a scuba tank... *scratches head* ...Apparently, over a couple days he found over 350 discs in the quarry that 2 lined one of the holes. I walked up and bought 6 for $20. Those netted me about $115. I went to his house to check them out again and here's what I came back with:

Row 1:
Gummy Pre-Barry 163g Blood Red Champ. Beast 8.9/10
Pearly 1x-Barry 175g Salmon Champ. Beast 7.5/10
Very Pearly 2x 168g tie-dye Champ. Beast 7/10 ink

Row 2:
177g tie-dye Pro Firebird 9/10
Very Pearly and Flat 169g Blue Champ. Viking 8.5/10
.CAL Tooled 180g DX Viper Rainbow stamped 9/10

Row 3:
175g (marked 176 lol?) Yellow Pro Line Orc 6/10 ink
.CAL Tooled 150g Orange QJLS 8/10
.CAL Tooled SE Off-White Leopard (slightly warped) 5.5/10

I also traded an old Eagle for an old Pro Firebird-L. It is very grippy and the back is a very finger-printy-ish plastic. Not sure if it's anything special, but it definitely feels like it is!

You have a pile of stinky plastic. seriously 8.9 condition.
Row 2 has no real value
Row 3 is not much either.

I am glad this was brought up. Does this mean that the bubbles are a different color than the writing or does that mean the bubbles are two colored? I have seen one of those on ebay and it is amazing. It went for a pretty penny too. Thanks again

The QJLS is stamped one color, and the rest of the stamp (including bubbles and all other writing) is different color. If the disc is new or in REALLY good condition, you can find a small black mark at 6 o'clock. They used this mark to line up the two different stamps (the QJLS was one stamp/color, & the bubbles and everything else was a different stamp/color).
Don't forget the mis-spelling as "PDGA Appoved"

The QJLS is stamped one color, and the rest of the stamp (including bubbles and all other writing) is different color. If the disc is new or in REALLY good condition, you can find a small black mark at 6 o'clock. They used this mark to line up the two different stamps (the QJLS was one stamp/color, & the bubbles and everything else was a different stamp/color).

Good call..

IMAG0251.jpg

I wish I had a of the two tone bubble stamped one.. but you guys already valued that bad boy

Thanks again apdrvya and DiscJunkie!

Last edited:

Didn't I say all of this? except for the hash mark?

Ya just to clarify I got confused when I saw one w/ two tone bubble stamps. I think it was makeyouyourself's a while ago

You have a pile of stinky plastic. seriously 8.9 condition.
Row 2 has no real value
Row 3 is not much either.

Thanks for the help?
You could have at least swung some knowledge at the first row if you're going to shoot down the others.
Regardless, I still got the lot for dirt cheap and I can turn a profit easily through trades.

Thanks for the help?
You could have at least swung some knowledge at the first row if you're going to shoot down the others.
Regardless, I still got the lot for dirt cheap and I can turn a profit easily through trades.

sorry, first row is not discs I claim to specialize in. I would probably be off by over $10. But I know the other 2 rows and they were pretty low value.
you are asking for prices on 10 discs, that is a lot of time, I narrowed it down for people willing to help you with the first row.

Last edited:
Row 1:
Gummy Pre-Barry 163g Blood Red Champ. Beast 8.9/10 = $15
Pearly 1x-Barry 175g Salmon Champ. Beast 7.5/10 = New $30 used and stinky = $15.
Very Pearly 2x 168g tie-dye Champ. Beast 7/10 ink = $8

Row 2:
177g tie-dye Pro Firebird 9/10 = need a pic, but guessing $8
Very Pearly and Flat 169g Blue Champ. Viking 8.5/10 new $18 used Stock price
.CAL Tooled 180g DX Viper Rainbow stamped 9/10 $6-10

Row 3:
175g (marked 176 lol?) Yellow Pro Line Orc 6/10 ink = 6/10 ink killed it
.CAL Tooled 150g Orange QJLS 8/10 = $8-12
.CAL Tooled SE Off-White Leopard (slightly warped) 5.5/10 = $3.50

Better?

no need for hostility man
I did not read it as hostile, more annoyed which is somewhat understandable

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.