• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is this disc worth? (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Roc I won at the Ohio Hall of Fame Classic a few weeks ago. On the back it says "Monster Mando" and "1 of 100." Is this worth anything more than just the DX Roc that it is?

attachment.php

I am pretty sure they were still online at stock price on one of the sites about 3 months ago, but hang onto it a while it is a great stamp with good potential

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscJunkie View Post
As I've said before, these things are all over the place with price. If you find someone that likes these and calls it CE, you might get $20+. Otherwise, maybe $15 or less.

On the question about whether it is CE and worth CE money, I've heard knowledgeable people argue both ways. My personal knowledge is that the Appoved stamp doesn't prove that it's CE, especially with the QJLS and Q-Megas. I own a few of the single-color stamp QJLS's that I think are CE and a few that are not CE. Based on my experience (and I'll probably be contradicted by some self-sainted expert) if it's a single-color stamp and not totally opaque, then it's not CE.
It doesn't look like the one in the pic is totally opaque, so I think it's not CE.
The only sure bet with these things is the two-color bubble stamp. Anything else is just speculation and opinion.
Contacted Zamson via PM and got some reliable info. I learned some stuff I did not know. FWIW, I consider Zamson the best source for Mill CE info.

I PM'd this question:
Do you consider the opaque QJLS's with the silver "Appoved" stamp to be CE?
Why or why not?
Thanks!

Zamson says:
"I'm gonna go with a pretty confident YES on those descriptors being the CE QJ. With QMega and QMS, the Appoved typo lived on past the CE run, but with QJ, it was fixed after the 1st run. And only the 1st run AND 2k Test Runs of QJ were opaque. Some marked J, some QJ.

With this new insight. How much do you guys think its worth and is anybody interested?

I'm not too familiar with CE values but I'd GUESS $80+. Again just a guess. Its a sweet looking disc though! Willing to get rid of it once u determine the value?

60-70on the firebird I'm assuming, most 10x whites weren't full ce. Still nice disc and nice plastic.

sweet... i picked one up the other day 180g 9/10 faded sharpie price on bottom of flight plate. never thrown white with black stamp...what's she worth?

sweet... i picked one up the other day 180g 9/10 faded sharpie price on bottom of flight plate. never thrown white with black stamp...what's she worth?

^^^^^
Without the flight number stamps are going to be a little more then ones with the flight ratings. I have one for sale in the MP for $9 and it is not moving. But it is a little lighter..

Less than stock since it's used. They still print these, but people love to throw them so it'd be an easy sell for a cheap price.

Whats a 171g super pearly purple champion monster worth? 7/10 with a fading stamp and faint blue in on back.

They were the second hottest disc about a year ago with new one going for $70. Right now a new one will still sell for $50+, but the problem is everyone who wants them wants wall hangers. As soon as you are below 8 or 9/10 the price drops drastically. I bet someone would still give you $35+ depending upon the condition of the stamp.

Well I work at the local PIAS and got it for $2 with my discount. I think it was worth it :). Thanks for the quote.

CE Leopard, 172g, 9/10, no ink, x out due to 2 dimples, amazing taffy feel

picture.php

Someone like Booter or Bmast would be better for this, they are experts on Leopards.

White is always good for CE, but the X-out obviously hurts. $60? Potentially more, like I said others will shine more light on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts