• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] What is this disc worth (Part IV)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had these two discs since around 1979. One has never been thrown. The Night Flyer somehow developed a couple of razor slots. The Night Flyer (either a proto or first run) became the Midnight Flyer due to copyright issues I think. I'm wanting to help the family of a disc golf buddy who died suddenly from a stroke. Don't know if I should raffle them or how to do so. I thought this might be a good place to start by seeing what your thoughts are.

(mid)Night flyers with 4/5 numbers range from $40-70 im not seeing a 1 sold anywhere though. Couple on ebay. Cool discs!

They are bit more than when you bought them in 2003

20-30 dollars depending on condition. They are not hard to find but as you have learned there are firmer versions and gummy(soft) versions. Place and ad in the Marketplace and see what's out there. You might ask about Big Bead Champion Glow Aviars. The KC 11X has the bead as well. They are very similar and might be a bit cheaper. All of my glow stuff is bagged but they are firm disc. I bought the last few glow for 10-11 bucks each, used.

ijaNUJEh.jpg

I am either curious what the tie die Avair is worth, or if anyone has seen one wants to sell one. Ive never seen another. It was bought in 2003 or 2004, 11 time Barry Schultz San Marino. I found the yellow one hoping it would be similar but it is too different. Plastic doesn't feel as flexible. I really want the ability to be able to practice putting and correct the shot but I can't if they're too different.

That looks to be a 2nd run or 3rd run Ion.

A "Textured" Ion as it is commonly referred to is what you have there. 2nd run, you should see "CAM Realty" if memory serves me correctly, if it's not there then it would be a 3rd run. It" CAM Realty" was removed during the 3rd run. If you go to the MVP web site and find the history link for the Ion. There are pictures and a nice explanation about the Ion. As for the price, well that depends on what you have. I saw a 2nd run go for 103 on eBay last month and a 3rd should bring around 30-35 under normal conditions.

Anyone have any idea if this Ion has any value? Thanks. I found it sitting in some dirt at a local course quite some time ago. My guess is that it has been there for quite a while. There does not appear to be any stamp on it, and it has no ink.

I am wondering what this disc is worth. I believe it is a Special Blend Orc from 2006. I have seen some that are similar but have not seen any with the State Supporter stamp. Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_1574.jpg
    IMG_1574.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_1573.jpg
    IMG_1573.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 26
2005 star teebird with socal stamp

I have a white star teebird with a purple 2005 socal disc golf championships stamp with a little storage wear and it looks like its been thrown 10 times. No rim damage and almost no ink. It says brig real small right in the center of the bottom of the flight plate. Any value?

Attachments

• 20170411_195337.jpg
    20170411_195337.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 29
I'd guess about 15-20 for that Teebird depending on your market. Excellent thrower. Would be more with a stock stamp and no ink. For reference, I saw an unthrown uninked tournament stamped star Teebird go for $20 on a facebook auction last week.

I have an S/TB with no patent number on it. Is that unusual? It is super flat, stiff, and overstable.

I don't know much about newer S/TB's. Could be some fella at the warehouse decided to use that marking on new stock. It isn't going to increase the value, as far as I know.

The new Star Teebs tend to be pretty OS and wonderful.

Do really, really nice 1108 blizzard bosses attract a premiuim? Thinking about trading a friend for one he hates it but I think it's a charmer.

-zero bubbles in flight plate
-nice, smooth blizzard not that gritty junk
-STUPID os. It's not exactly a utility *ds but it EASILY the most OS I've ever seen a similar disc be at it's weight, 159. Freakishly os. Think the original star bosses.

Do really, really nice 1108 blizzard bosses attract a premiuim? Thinking about trading a friend for one he hates it but I think it's a charmer.

-zero bubbles in flight plate
-nice, smooth blizzard not that gritty junk
-STUPID os. It's not exactly a utility *ds but it EASILY the most OS I've ever seen a similar disc be at it's weight, 159. Freakishly os. Think the original star bosses.

Doubtful there's much value there. 1108's are all over at stock prices, and I'm sure you could find another one like that if you searched enough. Maybe get a couple bucks for the "but it's here in front of you" value.

I found what looks to be an old 1995 Cyclone at my local course today. It a Philmont Scout Ranch stamp. It says "approved by the RECREATIONAL disc golf association for disc golf". It's 140g and 7.5/10 (closer to 8 probably) just two dents in the rim otherwise looks unthrown. No ink with original price tag still on it. This is way before my days of DG, so can someone tell me what it's worth.

586AA210-E3B0-4468-A92E-2E62E2B93B88-68415-000028A0AA1B2DDD_zps2bb2886b.jpg

Did you ever find anything out about this disc? My dad just gave me one that I bought in 95 at Philmont. Mine has a red stamp, 142g

I haven't looked into it in a while; what's the current going rate for a 10/10 2005 KC 4X Glow Roc? Purple stamp if it matters.

Pro line gremlin?

Have an old innova pro line gremlin. I know they are hard to find, especially in original pro line, not sure what it's worth tho.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 19
Anyone have any idea if this Ion has any value? Thanks. I found it sitting in some dirt at a local course quite some time ago. My guess is that it has been there for quite a while. There does not appear to be any stamp on it, and it has no ink.

Depending on demand and condition $60-$150+ for new. Just sold a used 7/10 for $100

I've been away from the game for awhile, but I'm getting back into it now. Anyways, I have some old discs in storage and wondering if they're worth anything. Would love your help!

Discraft Elite X Wasps - all are white and max 177g+, never thrown. I know Discraft doesn't make these anymore.

Gateway Wizards - all are black and new, 175g. Not sure which plastic but they have a chalky feel. I bought ten of these a long time ago and they were fundraiser discs for a tournament in Texas.

Innova CE Valkyrie, Teebird, and Firebird. These are used, but in pretty good shape still. I remember these used to be worth a lot, but not sure if people still go crazy over them like they used to.

Thanks for your help!

Did you ever find anything out about this disc? My dad just gave me one that I bought in 95 at Philmont. Mine has a red stamp, 142g
The Flathead Cyclone is just a Cyclone sold by DGA in really cheap plastic. They were flippy and not very durable.

The 150 class ones were sold as "RDGA" discs which was something Ed Headrick tried to get started after he turned the PDGA over to the players, it was the Recreational Disc Golf Association. Nothing ever really came of it, but he stamped it on the light DGA discs for a few years.

You can still buy them online:

http://www.discgolfcenter.com/main_displayProduct.php?p=228

But now you can buy Cyclones in Pro D, which would be the sameish thing:

http://www.discgolfcenter.com/main_displayProduct.php?p=81&PPQT1=43

Back in the 90's when the Flatheads were common, Cyclones were made in Tournament Pro plastic. Flatheads were the only way to get them in a DXish feeling plastic. Now there is no real point to them.

I've been away from the game for awhile, but I'm getting back into it now. Anyways, I have some old discs in storage and wondering if they're worth anything. Would love your help!

Discraft Elite X Wasps - all are white and max 177g+, never thrown. I know Discraft doesn't make these anymore.

Gateway Wizards - all are black and new, 175g. Not sure which plastic but they have a chalky feel. I bought ten of these a long time ago and they were fundraiser discs for a tournament in Texas.

Innova CE Valkyrie, Teebird, and Firebird. These are used, but in pretty good shape still. I remember these used to be worth a lot, but not sure if people still go crazy over them like they used to.

Thanks for your help!

The CE stuff is still quite valuable. This thread should help you identify what you have, which with a little more research, should give you a better idea of how much your CE discs are worth. https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74105
I don't know much about they're value, but they always seem to sell for at least 50 or more.

Old chalky Wizards are awesome.

You've kept some good stuff in storage!

Status
Not open for further replies.