• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is your Achilles heel on the course?

KWK82

Everyone has one aspect that is the most challenging for them such as distance, trees, water, etc. Mine is elevation. Whenever elevation is involved it completely throws me off. I just recently played the course in the link below and it had a lot of elevation shots. What is your Achilles heel on the course?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuN_4A7axUs

When I need to scramble. Bad drives happen to everyone, but I have a knack for doing very dumb things trying to save par/bogey from a bad lie when I really need to just pitch out and take my medicine

I have an epic habit of allowing one mistake to snowball into many. Mental mistakes. I have to focus on managing a round better and forgetting about mistakes.

Putting, no question. I've worked on it for a long time but it never gets better. The only upside is that my driving is pretty accurate so I can avoid putting.

Putting for sure. Some days I'm great, some days I'm meh, and some days I get the yips so bad I want to put all my stuff on the marketplace.

^This

This weekend at an Atier I missed at least 20 putts inside 20ft. After the first round in which I made 7 2s and only shot +4, I got the yips for the rest of the tourney. Doink Clang Clunk Whiff I had 'em all....

Last edited:
Mine is letting small things effect my game. Feel a gust of wind right bedore I putt, should I switch putters? Spin the putter more?

A group lets me play through and a guy is close to my ideal line, donInchangw the way I throw this drive?

Just got to shake those little things off.

Pace of play kills me. Both if I am slowed down and if I'm feeling rushed.

Putting, no question. I've worked on it for a long time but it never gets better. The only upside is that my driving is pretty accurate so I can avoid putting.

Putting for sure. Some days I'm great, some days I'm meh, and some days I get the yips so bad I want to put all my stuff on the marketplace.

+1...

Distance. Specifically I will practice my form throughout the week, just standstill in the living room, working on feeling the right pull in my hips for timing. I get on the course and suddenly it's like I forget everything I practiced. It's like my upper and lower body are no longer connected.

Wide open 300' holes strangely vex me. Can't putt within 30' & 20' from the basket. Natural tees.

Wide open 300' holes strangely vex me.

same here, I've parked 375ft+ wooded shots that require a lot of shot shaping (where the shot probably travelled a lot longer), but put a wide open 350ft or longer hole in front of me and I'm left to my own devices... I can't even seem to get 330ft of power in a wide freaking open field.

It pains me to say it again... it seems like I can throw a lot further when I need to thread a shot through woods than a damn open field.

First shot, first hole. If I choke on my initial drive it's tough for me to recover the entire round. Holes....11/12/13/14 all ****ty? No big deal I'll kill the last four. Terrible drive on hole #1? Probably SOL the rest of the round:wall:

Wide open courses. SO MANY OPTIONS. I'm used to playing woods and when I have all the choices in the world I don't always pick the right ones:|

Rate of play. If there's a group behind me/us, I suck. No ifs, ands, or buts. At the same time, if my group is playing slow or behind another, I also don't play as well. I play alone or with one other person so often that I struggle in 4s or 5s - a big reason I don't play tournaments often.

giphy.gif

Latest posts