• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is your Achilles heel on the course?

over competitiveness... I do this for fun, relaxation, and exercise... when ppl I'm with start getting all worked up over the score and score keeping it can distract me from my true purpose... I can get a mental block and then lose focus...
For this reason, I am selective about who I play with...

I agree with this. My best games are with select people or solo.

15-20 ft putts. Sure probably 75% of the time I am lights out in this range but it's the other 1/4 of the time when I am missing these putts all day long like I did at a course I won't get to play again anytime soon. I figure I missed 9 putts on 18 holes in this range today during league. That is the difference between a 58 which I would almost guarantee cashed and shooting a 67 that is nowhere near. I don't struggle in the 35-40 ft range at all, over the course of a year I figure I probably do much better than 50%. If your trying to get that next out of your game you have to make basically 100% of your putts inside 20 ft and 90% in 20-30 ft.

Pace of play kills me if I am slowed down.

^This for tournaments

over competitiveness... I do this for fun, relaxation, and exercise... when ppl I'm with start getting all worked up over the score and score keeping it can distract me from my true purpose... I can get a mental block and then lose focus...
For this reason, I am selective about who I play with...

^This for casual rounds. I really enjoy the sounds of nature and I don't enjoy the company of music frolfers. I am the same way when I ski.

Latest posts