• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is your best shot?

I'd have to say I've mastered the drive into the first tree shot. They call me bark splitter. Ok no one calls me that but they should. I guess my best shot is that longer midrange upshot. Many times I can save par after one of those tree drives by just parking a midrange on the second.

FH upshots .. i love to do lil FH flex type upshots with my Zone .. and then FH Firebird rollers .. my two most unique shots that i dont really see anyone else around here attempt or pull off .. always get some compliments on how i execute those two shots

FH upshots .. i love to do lil FH flex type upshots with my Zone .. and then FH Firebird rollers .. my two most unique shots that i dont really see anyone else around here attempt or pull off .. always get some compliments on how i execute those two shots

I run Star Firebirds on short approach shots all the time. To me, it's so much easier to gauge the distance, and stick the landing with that heavy fade. Definitely a go to shot for me.

OH shots with my champ eagle. they do a ballet move in the air and come down on their tops and slide or skip a crazy amount. its always fun when i call the shot - what trees I'll weave and then execute it.

None of my shots are really that good/better than anybodies, but I've come along way with my tommy (with my zflick).

I can throw it and know exactly where it's going and where it'll end up. It used to be a get out of trouble shot, but now it's another way to improve my game.

I can flip it to where it hits the ground and rolls about 20-25ft right left or straight (okay this is a little bit exaggerated, but i'd say about 60% of the time it rolls like i want it to).
I can make it land on it's back to slide about 30-40 ft, make it hit-and-stick on its back, and i can make it hit and skip.

I get about 240ish distance max which I need to work on. Such an accurate shot.

Dead straight shots up to about 330'. very slight hyzer flip and it'll sit down within 5' of the flight path 90% of the time. If I could aim a little better it'd be more useful.

Sweetest shot I have is a forehand approach with a Drone (lots of anhyzer on it to begin). If I can't get a putt off but I have a line to my upper right, I'll throw a Drone with a good amount of anhyzer and try to let it float in. If it doesn't, it sits pretty close to the basket anyway.

I am also enjoying throwing some flick rollers. They are a little hard to control and are subject to knowing when to use them and not to when there is wind. I had one go 480 the other day. It was a sight to behold...at least for me it was.

Forehand roller around trees, bushes, etc with my glow Gator. And forehand/backhand hyzer skips shots with the gator, too. The Gator saves me countless strokes each round and makes me seem like a much better disc golfer than I actually am.

Forehand roller around trees, bushes, etc with my glow Gator. And forehand/backhand hyzer skips shots with the gator, too. The Gator saves me countless strokes each round and makes me seem like a much better disc golfer than I actually am.

THIS! I throw low thumbers through the woods with my JL gator that weave left then come back and skip hard right. Lots of BH and FH skip shots. I can throw high FH with lots of anny and it will pan out and fade back at the end. Spike hyzers, FH rollers, etc... you name it!

I probably didn't answer the original question with that last post...

My best shot would be a long turnover shot with my seasoned star valkyrie. I can manipulate the angle of release to do just about anything I want except skip hard left or fight a headwind.

Backhand rollers.

I taught myself rollers this year and I realized through the year that not many people can throw a consistent backhand roller. I've gotten good at using an understable disc to cut right around hard doglegs, even if it's a shorter shot, or rolling something overstable in a straight line for 350'.

But more than drives, people are shocked when I throw a backhand roller as an escape shot from bad spots in the woods. Much less chance of hitting trees with a disc that is 1" wide.

Getting back into the sport and forcing myself into new techniques, but:
My "patented styles" were
  • RHBH with so much OAT people saw the flight and thought I was throwing LHBH
  • BH powergrip, thrown underhand with a ton of backspin. Goes perfectly straight, hits, turns, rolls for a bit. Perfect for tight woods and getting out of trouble.
  • Upshots that somehow hit, skip slightly, and extreme angle cut roll to the pin. Never did figure out how I did that.
  • BH rollers, weren't much longer than my drives, but I could shape them to most lines

FH flex shots. I birdied a hole at a doubles tourney last week (the disc dug into the ground immediately next to the pin) and the other group commented on how they had never seen it birdied, nevertheless aced.

Throwing a big flex is just so natural for me.

Big Anny drives off the tee with a putter.

When everyone else FH's and skips past the pin and your shot lands flat and stops.

That and air bounces.

Vodka.

Then thumb rollers or anny putters would be runner ups I suppose.

Latest posts