• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] What is your European Windfighter?

I carry a Stiletto, 6 giants, and a xXx. I throw FH mostly and all three are wind fighting champs. For a non-ridiculous windfighter, vip Giant.

Thanks tampa. I do have a couple giants, just seeing if I can pump more distance out of something else

xXx aren't very long, but for wind I usually use a Blitz and a Sinus.

Opto Trident.

I use it heavily in wind for shots between 200-325ft. For anything longer, I usually have to break out a Champ Xcaliber. That is very rare that I use it to fight super windy days though, because if it is truly that windy, the odds of me aiming for upwards of 350ft is pretty rare. Windy days are about more control, and the Trident provides it.

For much shorter windy shots, an Opto Premiere Pain and Sinus AP come out. The Pain is my bread and butter disc and sees about the same amount of play in or out of the wind, and the Sinus AP is a phenomenal approach disc and just about ignores wind.

Latitude 64 Gold Line Trident - Midrange/Fairway Wind Fighter

Latitude 64 Gold Line XXX - Distance Wind Fighter

Latitude 64 Opto and Gold Line Saint - Yes, a Saint is a good Wind fighter. :hfive:

Latitude 64 Sinus - Awesome Approach and putting Wind fighter. I use this occasionally when I'm not using my Zone.

My GL Bolt and Opto Halo both do very well in the wind, my halo is so beat it is pretty much understable and not too different than my bolt, just flies further, my tee-rex used to be my wind driver, but it hasn't been the same since it went understable.

Villains. One of my favorite wind fighting discs of all time. Actually, its just one of my favorite discs ever despite its ability to fight wind.

my fuzion trespass can handle decent winds. Probably would flip in major winds.
But also depends how you throw.
It's fine for what I see at local courses.

low to mid winds with good distance - Villian
low to mid winds around a curve - XXX
Ridiculous wind - Stiletto

Curious, what do you guys use for wind fighting mids?

low to mid winds with good distance - Villian
low to mid winds around a curve - XXX
Ridiculous wind - Stiletto

Curious, what do you guys use for wind fighting mids?

Verdict and suspects are excellent wind fighters.

Can a fuzion trespass handle a heavy wind?

I use a fusion trespass as a headwind disc for headwind that is too much for a glow flat champ 175 FL, but that is not really strong enough to use an 11x 175 champ firebird. It seems to fit in between those two discs as far as headwind handling.

Latest posts