• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is your favorite DG DVD?

BarkBuster

Eagle Member
I am looking to purchase a DVD or two in the near future and I was just wondering.....

If you could suggest a DG DVD to someone, what would it be? Looking for high quality tournament coverage rather than instructional dvds.

Any suggestions?

There are quite a few threads like this. Do a search on "Blue Ribbon Pines" and you'll find what you're looking for. BRP is the best of the Clash series, IMO.

i have three vids and:
Vibram Open 2010: my least favorite vid, great tourney but camera work and editing is kind of frustrating.
2010 USDGC: good vid, shows the final 18 of the lead card. gives you an option to listen to Billy and the winner Will Schusterick go through his round. lots of good insight from Will and good camera work.
2010 Players Cup: the biggest surprise, my favorite. great action, over three hours of footage and actually good camera work. its match play so you get to see the pros go for it. the only minus was the awkward commentary between Liz Carr and Billy Crump

There are quite a few threads like this. Do a search on "Blue Ribbon Pines" and you'll find what you're looking for. BRP is the best of the Clash series, IMO.

I prerubed and saw Clash videos and I assumed it was a thread about The Clash (band).. haha.. sorry .

Although Billy has been a friend of mine since the mid 90's I just can't like his commentating. I honestly wish he would cut out the disc golf slang/lingo he uses. While I understand it I don't think it's helpful when marketing a product to the masses. Am I just being anal?

MSDGC 2006 has 2 discs of footage and would be my pick...2005 was also worth the money.

I saw the 2008 vibram open but thought it fell way short of the standard set by the previous MSDGC dvds...

The Clash dvds ive seen (renny and BRP) are decent at best. The footage is nice and they give you a good feel for the courses, but the golf action is Meh.

Although Billy has been a friend of mine since the mid 90's I just can't like his commentating. I honestly wish he would cut out the disc golf slang/lingo he uses. While I understand it I don't think it's helpful when marketing a product to the masses. Am I just being anal?

100% agree. I'm glad he is out promoting the sport but he says the SAME THING over and over again. For example the 2010 USDGC "Michael Johansen a Fan Favorite" has to be said at least 25 times. And he name drops like crazy. I prefer the way they used to do the commentaries where it would be Billy talking to some of the players while we watch the round. I would much rather listen to the players I'm watching then the Gary McCord style of commentary they have been doing. Also one year at the USDGC he took away our golf cart so he loses points for that as well.

The Favorite DVD I have is the 2006 USDGC. It was the first USDGC I went to, you see me several times (big guy with big camera :D), and you got Schweby and Barry doing pretty good commentary during the round. I also like the Hornets Nest Clash video but I'm a sucker for something where Schweby and Mike Jo are on the same team :thmbup:

while comentating for the Atlanta Open...he used this phrase....

"that shot made his butt pucker"....

my wife heard this, and said, "did he really just say butt pucker"

I don't like "Frozen Rope" either.....

OP why buy dvd's, you can watch tons of vid on you tube!!..unless of course you don't have internet

Hot Shots and Cool Shots by Johnny B......best compilations with great music.

Are any of his vids available on dvd or online? I've looked for both of these along with southern shots and some other one I forget the title of, none of which I've found. Everyone seems to 'have seen it somewhere', or 'knows someone with it', but no one has any info on actually where to get them =P

I have lots of dvds but imo, most new to the dvds will like clash best at first, nut grow tired of the lack of importance and possibly billy's commentary.

My favorite clash are blue ribbon pines and valarta ast.

If looking for actual tourney coverage, usdgc, vibram, and worlds are worthwhile.

My issue with a lot of disc golf DVD's is that there's too much emphasis on garish graphics and dubbed in grocery store music and not enough disc golfing. The 2007 World's video from Highbridge was one of the worst. I think if you cut the nonsense out of that video, you'd cut a half hour off the thing.

My issue with a lot of disc golf DVD's is that there's too much emphasis on garish graphics and dubbed in grocery store music and not enough disc golfing. The 2007 World's video from Highbridge was one of the worst. I think if you cut the nonsense out of that video, you'd cut a half hour off the thing.

This shouldn't be funny, but it really is. :|

I also wish it wasn't true :doh:

I'm right there with you. I really can't stand to hear him constantly calling the basket a bucket. And when he says, " tickle, tickle," that makes my finger hit the mute button on the remote pretty quickly. Clash DVD's are best watched muted with background music.

Latest posts