• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

what is your goal for the year

I'm starting late on this one... half way through the year. But these goals have been on my mind since the beginning of the year and I'm keeping them simple.

#1) Play 8 new courses to up my count to 25 total. We don't have a lot of options close to me so I wanted to keep the goal realistic and end up with a "nice" number.

Status... Started off on New Year's Day on a new course at 8:00 in the morning. And I've played three new courses since so I'm exactly half to my goal at almost exactly half way through the year. I can handle that.

#2) Improve my putting. I stink outside of 20'. I probably only make 3-4/10 from 25' and 2/10 from 30'. Beyond 40' is just a crapshoot.

Status... I still stink outside of 20' and might be worse now than I was in January. Ouch! I think I have a big mental block more than anything physical. I'm really trying to improve my "self talk" so that I'm not always saying "my putting stinks" to myself as I line up for a putt.

Oh, well. Whether my putting stinks or not, at least I should be able to get to 25 courses played this year. :p

My goal is exactly this :)

exept I don't have to drive as far as you. haha!

Lucky you! I'm hoping to find an excuse to head up there before school starts again. I'm hoping to convince a friend or two to come along (split gas prices, hell yeah!) and crash at a friends place in the cities.

I would really like to be able to move up to Advanced. I've been stuck at 891 for a while now. I would also like to play a few more courses that I haven't played before.

Lucky you! I'm hoping to find an excuse to head up there before school starts again. I'm hoping to convince a friend or two to come along (split gas prices, hell yeah!) and crash at a friends place in the cities.

If you come up for disc golf, you should also try Kaposia as well as those two. It was one of the courses for the majestic I do believe.

2. Actually build the course my brother and I have been working on.

Hey Steve where is your course gonna be?

Here are my DG goals for the year....

1. Improve my overall game, putting, driving (backhand anny, sidearm), and midrange accuracy.
2. Play some more great Texas courses, especially the ones in Dallas and Waco.
3. Participate in as many tournaments as I can and get my player rating in the 890-900 range (don't know what mine is yet).
4. Educate as many people as I can about DG.
5. Play with all these great players in the Houston area and learn as much as I can from them.
6. HAVE FUN.

1. Keep track of all my scores and record them on this site.
2. Add more discs to the bag
3. Be more consistant on left to right holes
4. Play 5 new courses.
5. Introduce the game to new friends.
6. Go for the basket on every shot!

Disc Golf Goals:
1. More consistent drives, I get 320ish on good drives, but hit too many trees and suffer for it.
2. By money putting from 25 feet and in
3. Stay out of the woods as much as possible
4. Lose enough weight where I don't get so fatigued after 24 at Kaposia...epic uphills just kill me.
5. Complete my bag...still need some patches for the outside to rep my equipment

And also, complete the metro-twin cities courses...been a goal for the last year.
and play an additional 10 new courses
and play every course on my wishlist

thats it...i think

My DG Goals for the year:

1. Improve my form when driving. Just not very consist at the moment.

2. Work on improving my forehand throw.

3. Increase the distance I can throw to around 300'.

100 putts every other day
get my course count up to 150, I would need 30 more.

1-Play every course in a 50 mile area (about 34) by the end of the summer.

2-learn to throw a decent drive consistantly

3-HAVE FUN DOIN IT ALL! :)

4-Meet some more peoples

I just began playing in May of this year.

A year from now I hope to:

1.) Compete in 10 tournaments (and hopefully some PDGA events)

2.) Drive the majority of my 100% rips around 400' (I currently can throw slightly less than field goal post to field goal post on a standard football field... 360'*?* around 50% of the time)

3.) Be a more confident putter and put in anything under 20' every time.

4.) Continue to play as much as I play now.

Install Mexico's first permanent disc golf course
leave Mexico better than when i found it. (see above)

Get my form down
Reduce my run up

Play in a sanctioned tournament in the US.

I want, scratch that, need a backhand. I also want to master the modified fan grip for my approach shots. I would like a better rating but that will come only after the more tangible improvements to my game. Finally, I want to play advanced in the pdga tournament at my home course next spring. Fianlly for a second time, I want to learn to play smarter.

Play a handfull of new courses
Get my rating over 900 (currently 879)
Qualify for the Am Worlds
Qualify for the NEFA Finals

......another ace this year would be cool too :cool:
This was my list of goals i posted here back on April 3rd......

On April 25th i won my first PDGA(and NEFA) sanctioned event. Since then I've won two more, including this weekend at my home course. So I figure this takes care of the Worlds and NEFA Finals goals.
Back in May, the ratings update put me at 894 and i have at least 4 more 900+ rounds since then. I figure my rating should easily break into the 900's when the PDGA updates later this month.

Played 3 new courses so far with 2 more on my schedule(pre reg'd tournies).

All that's left is another ace........... :cool:

1) Increase my comfortable putting range to >20'

2) Increase accuracy on my drives. If hole is 100-200' I don't want to be further that 30' away. 200-300', no more than 30-40'. Etc.

3) Increase distance to >300'

4) Play (done)Pier Park, Milo Mclver, and Whistlers Bend (Seeing as I live in Oregon)

5) Help some other people enjoy the game, whether that's by giving away discs or helping with form or whatever.

6) Play in my first PDGA tournament (Will be on June 27)

Number three is done, I threw 350' yesterday.

Number five is never done, but I have been helping people, hence my forum topic "About giving away discs".

Number six is done. Finished 10th, not too bad.

I love seeing progress made. Only a few more goals to finish before the end of the year. Woot

Latest posts