• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] What is your longest/ farthest flying disc as of March 2015?

Farthest/Longest Disc for you?

• Archon

Votes: 3 0.8%
  • Boss

Votes: 24 6.1%
  • Destroyer

Votes: 64 16.4%
  • Eagle

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Flash

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Flow

Votes: 6 1.5%
  • Force

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Havoc

Votes: 7 1.8%
  • Katana

Votes: 19 4.9%
  • King

Votes: 17 4.3%
  • Nuke

Votes: 11 2.8%
  • Orc

Votes: 5 1.3%
  • Rampage

Votes: 10 2.6%
  • SL

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Teebird

Votes: 8 2.0%
  • Valkyrie

Votes: 13 3.3%
  • Vulcan

Votes: 3 0.8%
  • Wraith

Votes: 24 6.1%
  • Other

Votes: 175 44.8%

• Total voters
I'm the only one in my club who throws one but I love my Flow. I'm normally in the 325-350 range but I regularly hit 375 with the Flow.

This. At some point in the power range, the Champ I think will become more dependable for on-course max D shots.

At this point for me, I either need to throw the Star really tall, or else roll it. The Champ is handier for more of the lower max D sort of lines...I'm thinking, like, tighter S lines that can't get sky high, etc.

:thmbup: I've got a Star and 2 Champion all 175g. The Champion Tern is money. It's my 400'+ Comet in a lot of ways. The Star is cool too without any wind in play but I think the Champion Tern will stay in the bag.

So would you guys say this graphic is about correct? Most max D throws are in the 350 range and those who break 400-500 is in the minority??

Considering that Simon just cracked one 863' and some change, then Wiggins at 836 and Sandström at 820 (Valkyrie), distance is always being talked about in most circles. While not the most important factor, it can help on very long holes.

I would say that a cannon arm, proper mechanics and the right disc can get you around the 500' range. Even without the cannon arm, I say it's possible to hit 400'-450'. But that is with a lot of field work because muscle memory is just as important as form, arm speed and disc.

The 2 SD level should be at 250 (low) and 425 (high).

So I picked up a 156g sorcerer, and I just keep flipping the darn thing over.... I've thrown a lot of 150 class and lower disc and I don't really have this prob except with this one... Thoughts?

Trespass or World depending on the wind; Trespass for huge hyzer-flip turnovers that flex out at the end - the World for anytime I have a head or crosswind that I don't need the Enforcer for.

It is understable to the extreme when thrown 'at' speed; I originally thought I'd keep it around for huge understable duties (tailwind), but it's just not predictable. Sometimes it flips so hard it rolls - often it has absolutely no fade.

So I picked up a 156g sorcerer, and I just keep flipping the darn thing over.... I've thrown a lot of 150 class and lower disc and I don't really have this prob except with this one... Thoughts?

I feel ya on this; the TP world has damn near limitless potential for distance - especially once broken in and capable of huge hyzer-flips to flat and slightly turned with a fade.

World - Prefer mine in TP ~ 170g

I already posted but damn, I enjoyed my worlds more than I expected again this weekend playing a par 70 layout with a few longer open holes. I was the only one pin deep on a few holes that the range finder measured 470'... touch of hyzer, true powergrip (I don't use much) and rip. Surprised me, as well as everyone else on the card. Seemed everytime I pulled a world out of my bag (only max D shots) everyone was asking what was that.

On the selections given, I chose the Teebird. I have been toying with a Millennium Orion LS in their Sirius plastic. I have a noodle arm but these seem to have a lot of glide ( for a faster disc ) and I can get these out a little further with a touch less effort than the Teebs.

Just threw a couple *D Destroyers, one super beat, right around 450'.

Good to start regaining distance again after re-injuring my back last year.

Based on this thread, I might have to audition a couple low 160's Champ Terns in case I ever lose all my *D's. Or want to retire them.

Still working out some timing and mechanics issues on max power shots. Haven't hit 400 yet, close, but not yet. Beast is my everyday go-to distance disc. Downwind its a blizzard Boss. Can't get my champion 173g Boss to pop yet. After reading thru this thread, one thing is clear. Gotta try a Tern or 2.

Latest posts