• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is your most expensive disc you have lost?

I don't lose expensive discs, but I do find them. About 10 years ago when the star Destroyer first came out I found like 10 proto stars in lakes.

I still have a bunch of old star Wraiths from lakes too. Pre 12X.
Ha! Mine may have been one of them.

Quick ebay search has them between 40-140.

I've seen the listings just not sure what they are selling for. Seems silly to me I cant see them being better runs.

Just a shot in the dark, but did you lose it in Michigan? I feel like I've seen you post about Michigan courses before.

Nope. I've had connecting flights in Detroit is the most I've seen of Michigan.

Just standard $17-20 premium plastic stuff. The one that really burns me is the Star Thunderbird I threw into a ditch with 4' high reeds while I was on a work trip, then had to leave before I really got much chance to look for it...

"What is your most expensive disc you have lost?" Seasoned 165g Gstar Tern. Was the easiest 330+ ft disc I've ever thrown. One day she rode a side wind into the woods and was never recovered. Financial cost around 22.00, emotional cost.. priceless. Haven't had another disc like her since.

Drove down to Ventura for the opening of Coyote Point and proceeded to lose 10 discs that weekend, including both a first run and a second run CE Valkyrie. Quite a few discs from that debacle were returned, but those two never found their way back.

Drove down to Ventura for the opening of Coyote Point and proceeded to lose 10 discs that weekend, including both a first run and a second run CE Valkyrie. Quite a few discs from that debacle were returned, but those two never found their way back.
Did you lose them in water or was the course still too "wild" back then?

The cost of any single disc that I've lost I don't think has exceeded $18-$20. The cumulative cost over the years, however, is a different story...

I've lost a blue Ontario Pro Rhyno and a CE Eagle into water hazards.

The Eagle may have been worth more, but I only paid about $8 for it at PIAS. The Rhyno cost me a LOT more.

I've seen the listings just not sure what they are selling for. Seems silly to me I cant see them being better runs.

eBay has a way to see what discs have sold for recently.

attachment.php

Attachments

• eBay Sold.JPG
    eBay Sold.JPG
    73.8 KB · Views: 147
Champion teebird nothing special just the first disc I learned how to throw, grip locked it over a valley and she gone bruh lol.

I honestly don't think I've lost anything worth more than stock. Maybe a Valkyrie I lost in 2009 would have more value now, but that's as far as it'll go for me. My most expensive discs don't fly because that would lower their value and defeat the purpose of collecting them. Even though I don't collect anymore and should probably just sell 'em.

I've lost a number of discs that would probably be valuable now but wasn't at the time?

Take your pick of Trilogy proto/first runs after Lat started making DD... Protostar Destroyers, XCals, and Teerexes. Second run ("dash") Teerexes. The first Champ Wraiths - Augusta Worlds CFRs (I think, right?). Any number of Climo Xtime discs.

Are any of those valuable?
Hell if I know. I didn't buy FRs for their eventual value back then and don't pay attention to that market now.