• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is your most hated disc?

exreme minority here. but i hate the wizard. thats right you heard what i said. that disc cost me many many strokes. just like every gateway putter it either drops like a rock or blows past the basket leaving you with an even bigger putt. i dont think any disc out there has caused me more frustration.

exreme minority here. but i hate the wizard. thats right you heard what i said. that disc cost me many many strokes. just like every gateway putter it either drops like a rock or blows past the basket leaving you with an even bigger putt. i dont think any disc out there has caused me more frustration.

I'm gonna one up you. I hate the Roc!!!!!!!!!!!!! Holy cow where is the lightning?? I don't really hate the disc, I know it is a good mold, I hate the bead. That's the same reason the Wasp didn't stick around, felt TERRIBLE in my hand. Ok, Roc lovers can now tell me how it's the best thing since whatever!

Champion Groove, hands down. has probably been mentioned many times in this thread, complete POS!

I'm gonna one up you. I hate the Roc!!!!!!!!!!!!! Holy cow where is the lightning?? I don't really hate the disc, I know it is a good mold, I hate the bead. That's the same reason the Wasp didn't stick around, felt TERRIBLE in my hand. Ok, Roc lovers can now tell me how it's the best thing since whatever!

I completely agree with you! I got a roc because I thought I should but I just can't rock the feel of it...

I would have to say that the Roc is not my most hated disc, but it's like the Yankees, you either love 'em or hate 'em. For me I hate 'em, same goes for the Roc, not that it's a bad disc, just an over hyped disc.

I like rocs, actually just put them back in the bag a few weeks ago and they are $$$. I just have bad luck with dx rocs for some reason.

Comet!!!! I've thrown mako's, meteor's , buzz's etc.....bought 4 comets....elite-x 165 and 175.....z-180 and esp 181. I'm just not a fan!

if you don't like the comet maybe you should learn how to throw it right ;)

Champion Groove, hands down. has probably been mentioned many times in this thread, complete POS!

Seems to be a lot of Groove hate out there. Now I had one for a while and actually enjoyed it, but I've heard that a lot of the hate comes from inconstant results from one Groove to another. Is this correct and I just happened to have a decent one or is there a universal suck factor that I'm missing? Oh and for clarification purposes I didn't "like it but suck with it", I was getting 350 - 370ft regularly with the thing

I txt my buddy about this thread and this was his reply back:

"Every disc I ever bought.....Its the damn disc; not the thrower"

Frustration at its best lol

Seems to be a lot of Groove hate out there. Now I had one for a while and actually enjoyed it, but I've heard that a lot of the hate comes from inconstant results from one Groove to another. Is this correct and I just happened to have a decent one or is there a universal suck factor that I'm missing? Oh and for clarification purposes I didn't "like it but suck with it", I was getting 350 - 370ft regularly with the thing

Bad design, and inconsistent results. Gave mine to a friend because it never did what I wanted it to do. Well, I shouldn't say never but it pissed me off more times than not. Now I've been watching my friend for past year having the same problems I once had. Then my other friend found an almost new Champ Groove, and hated it just as badly as myself. The disc can fly well, it just seems to rarely happen though.

Being four steps above a fresh noob, I'm not sure if I can say that I hate any particular disc. There are those discs that I can't throw properly just beacuse of my form and lack of arm speed. That said I do not hate those discs I just don't throw them. If I had to pick one disc that I do not like because no matter how I threw it...anny or just torqued the crap out of it with tons of OAT just to see if it would crash to the right but just flipped and went hard left...anyone guess it yet....the Drone from Discraft. Now maybe it's just because I just don't know how to throw that thing or my form is worse than I thought but that thing is an overstable pig....I really see no use for that disc other than hyzer spikes and hard left flicks out of trouble...useless in my book.

wahoo and and blackjax sports driver, pretty much the same disc except one lights up.

I friggin hate that disc that slams into the tree 15' infront of the tee box on a 600' hole. Its a sneaky lil mfer...the disguise changes regularly...could be a nuke today and a sidewinder tomorrow. Just wish I had one of those cool decoder rings from Cracker Jacks so I know not to pick that disc up. :wall:

Kind of surprised by that one. I use mine for short holes all the time, and aced one. I'll admit it's not that great for actually putting however. It doesn't sit that well in the hand to get a consistent release for short putts.

I wished I'd seen the reviews before getting the Groove though. I'm new (~3 mos) at disc golf, and I seriously thought it was me until I lined up on one long hole (296') with 3 drivers to do some testing. Played all 3, 3 separate times in succession.

Valkyrie - Long and straight, with an understable turn to the right.
Wraith - Longer and straight, with a stable fade to the left. Hit the bottom of the pole once and that was a bad throw.
Groove - What the f***?!?! Only got it to go on target once. Barely reached the hole on that attempt.

Definitely not a Groove fan.

I would have to say my least favorite disc is the warp speed family. Not because it's useless, and not because 60% of the people throwing them can't, but rather because the majority of courses around me will only have the occasional hole that is longer than 400'...so there really isn't any situation to use them that a fairway driver or even a wraith/destroyer can't do instead.

I had an X PuttR that is comparable to the birdie. I guess it would be alright for up shots but not for putting. For me anyways.

Latest posts