• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is your weakness when shopping for plastic?

There really is something about black discs...for the longest time (and i still occasionally fight the urge) all I wanted to do was put together a bag with nothing but black discs..however, the logic of "wow, looking for these would be amazingly annoying in any even moderately wooded course..for example, every course near me" has kept me from doing it...so far

oddly enough I find it equally difficult to turn down a cheetah of all things. loove how they feel in the hand and always good to have a fairway driver that can finish straight or right if ya need it to..do i use them? not so much anymore but I still cant bring myself to say no..dont judge me

I keep my discs in a rainbow pattern in my bag. This helps me to not leave a disc behind and makes it easy to pull the right disc from the bag. So when looking for a replacement or even something new, after I've found the right weight, I look for a color that fits my rainbow. I don't want too many blues, or pinks, greens, or whatever.

Also I love my Flicks. For whatever reason a tie dye Flick with a yin yang pattern fits my eye and therefore flies better.

Black discs ARE sexy. I spotted a black neutron anode at Woodland Valley the other day. I took it out to the practice pitch for testing (they let you do that there) and absolutely hated how it felt and how it flew. Everything about it was no bueno for me (FOR ME! I know there are Anode lovers out there) but I still stood paralyzed in the shop for about 15 minutes afterwards agonizing over whether to buy it or not. It was that sexy looking. I also bought more Cryztal Flx zones than I should have because they came in black. My real issue is investment discs. If I see something like the SE Bangers and Zones for sale, I just have to pick up several for future trades and sales.

I can't help myself with Rocs, Banshees, Cobras and putters of all kinds. I carry 4 different putter molds in my bag at all times. I also love trying to find my favorite molds in purple or blurple..I wish MVP would make a purple/blurple run of ions....I'd be in a whole lot of trouble then...

Black discs ARE sexy. I spotted a black neutron anode at Woodland Valley the other day. I took it out to the practice pitch for testing (they let you do that there) and absolutely hated how it felt and how it flew. Everything about it was no bueno for me (FOR ME! I know there are Anode lovers out there) but I still stood paralyzed in the shop for about 15 minutes afterwards agonizing over whether to buy it or not. It was that sexy looking. I also bought more Cryztal Flx zones than I should have because they came in black. My real issue is investment discs. If I see something like the SE Bangers and Zones for sale, I just have to pick up several for future trades and sales.

Sounds like I need to make sure to bring my Black Cryztal Sparkle Buzzz and Black Z Zone next time I get out to Bellamy!

Merged these two threads.

I'm a sucker for black DX Aviars and old school, beefy, flat Z Wasps.

Thanks for the merge i searched for a few key words, never thought about the "weakness" search.

My favorite two black disc i own are a first run pro teebird and a black metal sparkle krait

LOTS on ebay or craigslist. I have 85 discs and counting ... All kinds of stuff and more that I'll never throw but I keep buying them in bulk and keep inquiring to those who have them in bulk. Lord knows what I'm going to do with all of them but 20+ discs (D, PRO, CHAMP) @ $3.50 a pop is damn hard for me to turn down.

I got a feel for the Ti Nuke this week, the first Ti disc I've felt. Was just slick and felt ugly in my hand. Looked ugly too (purple mold).

I have a colorshift Ti Nuke that actually works really well for long-distance forehand drives. But I agree, throwing it BH felt wierd to me.

Of course, I bought it the very day it came out.

Latest posts