• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What kind of SWAG would you like for CTP's???

discflyer1

We are having our annual membership drive and bag-tag challenge at Foundation Park in 3 weeks.

What kind of prizes do you like to see for CTPs at tournaments???

Just discs? Dg related items? Coolers, can cozies? Shot glasses? Flashlights, headlamps? How about a $5 scratchers ticket?

Would like to hear any ideas that you all have.

JJ

UV flashlight would be cool for the glow players. Some nesting Minis, or patches could be cool too.

Disc lights are usually a good one, also this sounds off the wall but some cool thick hiking socks. I've gotten them in players packs and it's one of my favorite things.

Beer.
Gift card to the restaurant we always meet at before league.
Cool Discs
Throwers are usually pretty blah, but one where you get to choose through a stack of throwers is pretty good
Tickets. (Local theater, county/state fair, local play/concert, sporting event)
50/50
Beer.

We are having our annual membership drive and bag-tag challenge at Foundation Park in 3 weeks.

What kind of prizes do you like to see for CTPs at tournaments???

Just discs? Dg related items? Coolers, can cozies? Shot glasses? Flashlights, headlamps? How about a $5 scratchers ticket?

Would like to hear any ideas that you all have.

JJ

Id like for it not to be be called swag...:p

Anything, its a freebie prize.

This, pretty much. I've won a lot of things that I had no use for. But even if I didn't enjoy the prize, I always enjoyed winning it.

That said, I'll still rather win a disc. Preferably, a disc good enough to try out, and offbeat enough that I would never have bought it myself. In otherwords, not another Roc. If it's something other than Innova, or perhaps Innova and Discraft, I'll enjoy throwing it and seeing how it flies. Even if, ultimately, it doesn't get in my bag.

In otherwords, not another Roc unless it's an '01 CE Roc.

FTFY.

[Yes, it actually happend at a Bull City Disc Club random doubles 10-11 years ago :clap:; and, no, I didn't win it. :mad:]

Last edited:
Point taken.

Though, personally, I'm not a disc collector, so I'd rather have something entirely new---Latitude, Prodigy, MVP, Westside, DD, etc. Or, at least, a cool and unique stamp of something more common.

Beer is, of course, an decent alternative. It doesn't last long as a memento of the event, but odds are that whoever wins it, will use it. And if they don't, they're sure to know someone who will.

Beer.
. . .
Beer.

Plastic
Beer
. . .
Anything, its a freebie prize.

Beer is always appropriate. Even if the winner doesn't imbibe, they would be very popular. A local ice bowl does a CTB ("Closest To Beer") competition.

Second choice would be "anything", combined with making a big deal over the winner in front of his or her peers.

PDGA Event
- Food
- Nalgene Water Bottles
- Towels
- Umbrella
- Discs/Minis
- DG Bags
- DG Clothing
- Hiking Socks
- Gift Certificates
- Tickets (concerts, sporting events, etc)
- Free Tournament Entry

Non PDGA Event
- Beer
- Beer
- Craft Beer
- Ice Cold Beer

The key is to be creative, offer something new that people are excited to throw for. I love beer but make sure that you keep the PDGA image clean by keeping those types of prizes out of sanctioned events.

PDGA Event
The key is to be creative, offer something new that people are excited to throw for. I love beer but make sure that you keep the PDGA image clean by keeping those types of prizes out of sanctioned events.

I don't drink and support the PDGA substance rules, and yet----

We award beer at a sanctioned tournament, not as a CTP but as the longest putt made on a particular hole. I don't see anything wrong with that---it won't be consumed until after the day's rounds are over. (It's also on a private course where there'll be no public to witness it).

The PDGA disallows consumption of alcohol at events, it doesn't ban any mention or appearance of alcohol. All kinds of sanctioned tournaments (including Worlds) are and have been sponsored by breweries, bars, and liquor stores. Nothing wrong with awarding beer as a CTP prize, provided the winner is of age.

Gift certificates to the local disc golf store would be one of my favorites.

Ha, get to the most recent post and what I was thinking is said!

Local shop, or discgolfcenter, marshallst, others.

Otherwise cash... and as mentioned, beer. Craft stuff though!

cheers!

That longest putt prize isn't something I've seen before, cool idea.

I'd be happy winning a frisbee. Like an UltraStar or a Wham-O Masters (do they still make these?).

Latest posts