• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] What molds do you need to try?

Qikly

* Ace Member *
Diamond level trusted reviewer
I'm just curious to hear what molds you've never thrown with any regularity that you intend to seriously try out at some point.

For me the Volt is at the top of that list. I've avoided it for two reasons: one, because my wimpy arm does better with the extra glide found in Lat/Westside drivers, and two, because I haven't wanted to tempt a shakeup at that slot, which was a pain for me to settle (Stags have it at the moment). Things are settling down elsewhere in the bag, though, so I feel like I'll probably give it a shot in the coming months.

I felt the same way about the Fuse for the longest time, but the Tangent helped me get over that pining.

I've always wanted to throw a XXX, just for kicks, but I'm pretty sure I know how it'll fly. :D Resistor has my attention now, anyway.

Looking to give the Prodigy F3 and D3 a try...

Icon Patriots work out alright for that understable fairway slot, but I have been hearing good things about the F3.

I've always wanted to try a DX Viper, I don't know why. Maybe because I heard they beat in really nicely, and I like DX. But my Banshee pretty much has that covered.

Also, I've always wanted to try an Orc, also don't know why, but I know I don't have the arm for it.

I'm sure there's more, but I can't think of them right now.

Last edited:
I have a couple C-PDs sitting on the shelf waiting for next year's field work sessions. I'm doing fine with my Eagle/Destroyer combo for now but have been curious to see if I can fit a PD in that lineup somewhere. I know many people have a PD filling that "gap", but I don't see a gap between Eagles and Destroyers so I'm not sure if it will actually find a spot... Only way to find out is to throw it a bunch and find out.

Right now I am in the process of getting a lot of new plastic to try out. I currently haven't thrown anything from Legacy, but I have A LOT of it on it's way to me right now. I'm going to be replacing almost everything in my bag with their Legacy counterparts for a little while. The only things that are staying are my utility discs and putters (Zone, Flick, Firebird, Tank, 86 Softie). I have heard magical things about Legacy's plastic, so I figured I'd give it a shot.

The resistor was top of that list but I got one in the mail today. I really wanna try the pro saint, tern, f7, tensor, and a dx eagle.

I've always wanted to try a DX Viper, I don't know why. Maybe because I heard they beat in really nicely, and I like DX. But my Banshee pretty much has that covered.

Also, I've always wanted to try an Orc, also don't know why, but I know I don't have the arm for it.

I'm sure there's more, but I can't think of them right now.

Because the Orc is awesome, that's why.

I've wanted to throw a Volt, just haven't gotten the chance yet. I think I know one person that uses any MVP stuff, and it's a putter.

I was very excited to throw a Saint and a River, and just recently traded for them. Love the River...the Saint, not so much as of yet. We'll see how that plays out.

I'm currently testing out the Fuse and Truth. Looking to get a little more workable uber-glide (Fuse) and more wind-fighting straightness (Truth) for the (fast approaching!) winter months...

Also have some Wardens queued up to evaluate. My heavily seasoned ZERO Hard Pures are starting to turn over a bit; Looking to see if a bit more stability increases my putting range.

I want to take every speed 12+ disc to a field and throw them all and see which goes the furthest.

But then I'm also trying to get away from testing all these different discs so I can focus on my actual bag and stay familiar with it...

Gazelle, River and Saint come to mind...might use those for my SS wish list. :rolleyes:

Just read the quote in Stardoggy's sig - superlulz!
counting your practice aces as legit is the same as a virgin masturbating and telling his friends he got laid.--GLong

I want to take every speed 12+ disc to a field and throw them all and see which goes the furthest.

But then I'm also trying to get away from testing all these different discs so I can focus on my actual bag and stay familiar with it...

Amen, brother. Temptation is a cruel thing ;-)

Well I already throw these molds, but I'd like to put some time in with Soft Wizards and Champ TeeBirds over the next couple months.

I've wanted to throw a Volt, just haven't gotten the chance yet. I think I know one person that uses any MVP stuff, and it's a putter.

I was very excited to throw a Saint and a River, and just recently traded for them. Love the River...the Saint, not so much as of yet. We'll see how that plays out.

The Saint was on my list for a time, too, and I also didn't click with it. I didn't give it too much of a shot, though, but I definitely prefer the Stag for that slot. Same basic shape, just a little more control and distance in my hands.

Gazelle, River and Saint come to mind...might use those for my SS wish list. :rolleyes:

Just read the quote in Stardoggy's sig - superlulz!

I love me the River. I tried to use light GLs as my turnover disc for a time, and just couldn't get consistent with them. Underworlds took that slot over, but I came back to Rivers (heavy Optos) to fill the space between the Stag and the Underworld. I think they're amazing. I remember hearing someone refer to them as a longer Comet, and I think that's pretty accurate: capable of a lot of lines, very point-and-throw. It's my most thrown disc at the moment, with the Tangent being in second place (my go-to for heavily wooded courses).

Ive tried a lot of discs but I want to try everything I havent thrown.

I have ISSUES (Lame 90's phrase).

Lots of Westside, Lat, DD, Vibram and Legacy.