• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What most often causes innaccurate putts?

What causes your putts to go wild?

• Disc Choice - I often pick the wrong putter for the situation.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stance - I often choose a bad stance...too relaxed, to aggressive etc.

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • Grip - Too tight, too soft...goldilocks sydrome.

Votes: 14 8.3%
  • Target - I forget to pick a link or mid-flight spot.

Votes: 14 8.3%
  • Push off - I forget to transfer my weight and push off towards the target.

Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Nose angle - I often throw high or low because I payed no attention to nose angle.

Votes: 19 11.2%
  • Follow through - I often finish with my hand pointed somewhere other than the pole.

Votes: 15 8.9%
  • Hyzer angle - I often throw flat or hyzer when I should throw hyzer or flat.

Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Concentration - I am often thinking about something other than the throw I am making now.

Votes: 54 32.0%
  • I just suck!

Votes: 31 18.3%

• Total voters
I guess whatever chris is doing is working

For me it's confidence, I practice putts so I know I can make them

Yeah. You're so right. Nikko puts like a crazy magician just by luck of the draw. Never heard of that dood practice putting. OH wait....

I've seen Nikko play. His putt is a simplified foreward move. I'm sure he doesn't spend hours every day practicing that simple move. Bad putters practice too much without instruction. They try to fix it themselves by throwing multiple shots. Bad putters can be fixed, I often help fix bad putters.

I've seen Nikko play. His putt is a simplified foreward move. I'm sure he doesn't spend hours every day practicing that simple move. Bad putters practice too much without instruction. They try to fix it themselves by throwing multiple shots. Bad putters can be fixed, I often help fix bad putters.

Are you for real? What all do you do to help bad putters since you've spent tops 10 hours doing so?

Concentration is the key for me. If I put in the effort, I usually make the putt, but the fun is gone from the casual round when I get too serious. I putt better if I'm playing alone because I'm only thinking about the shot. Playing alone is meditation for me.

Most definitely concentration then going through the same motion you did before when you made that putt.

i practice putting in my yard, multiple lines w/different wind conditions each day/from each line to try and get as much different exp in i can get.
say what you all want about practice putting being a waste of time, but anyone who has played a round with me 2 months ago as compared to now will tell you of a huge difference in my putting game....its mostly confidence, but hey, its an improvement...

FOCUS. great name for a disc. evey time I saw that itd remind me to quit looking at the sky. Someone should make that...:D

discraft_disc_golf_discs_focus_d.jpg

I've never missed a putt with one!

I often come up short on longer putts due to lack of concentration.

Another option is missing: baskets naturally repel my plastic

I always need to practice putting, some days should be dedicated to just that...or maybe ill grab my friends basket for my backyard...my putting flaws were on display today as my putts were just not coming out of my hand like I wanted them to...the only way I was hitting birdies were if I was parking them...with this beautiful weather coming up i need to dedicate some time to just this important facet of my game

Trying too hard is my worst habit. Thinking about my mechanics, and thinking about really anything besides "just making the putt" causes me to overanalyze and forget to just put the disc in the basket. Also sometimes I don't keep my eyes on the chains (lose focus) and end up not hitting the line I want.

I have been a lot more consistent lately, trying to get my % up inside 30 ft.

Anything over 30' my problem is indecision, weather to go for it or playing it safe. Even to the point of release.

Nikko does actually spend hours many days working on that exact putt. Just saying.

Id love your help fixing my bad putting though.

My biggest problem is with sort of long putts b/c my fan grip is too weak. Long putts I'm fine b/c I can power grip but for some reason the disc pops out too early with hard putts with my fan grip.

Anything over 30' my problem is indecision, weather to go for it or playing it safe. Even to the point of release.

When you are confident with your 20' game missing long on a 50' shot isn't a big deal. From 60-80' I'm almost always hunting for chains.

I feel like if I don't practice putting small mechanical issues affect me. If I go out and shoot 20-30 putts before a round these tiny little timing and position issues work themselves out and I feel much more consistent. Kinda like jumpshots right before the game...

I recently figured out that I wasn't gripping the disc tight enough. As soon as I started holding a firmer grip on the disc my putts straightened out and I quit missing to the right all the time.

Im going to say concentration. Sometimes I just lose it when putting. But I voted for follow through. Sometimes when im on the course I forget to follow through and keep my hand towards the pole. Ill almost always come up short when I do this. I agree with practicing to some extent. I can drain practice putts all day, but its way different when your on the course.

I see a correlation between putting within 5 seconds of assuming my stance and the percentage of putts I make. I must overthink and overanalyze when I take longer. Allow too much time to tense up, I guess. Plant, focus, putt seems best for me.

I built my own basket because I was frustrated with my putting. And I practiced and practiced. And it helped a little but ive found that the biggest problem I have is consistency. When practicing I try to set myself between every throw. It seems that when im in a round I lose focus and forget my stance, grip, everything that I practice. I guess it all boils down to concentration but I would like to get my putts down to one stance, Grip etc EVERY TIME.

Latest posts