• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] What new discs are you carrying in 2016

Basically a brand new bag for me this year (except for Aviar PnAs, Roc3s, and Raptors). Just got back into playing after a 3 month hiatus (babies will do that to you) and after a couple of field sessions, I've settled on a bag that surprised even me.

New (to me) for 2016: Ion, Tangent, Sidewinder, Amp, Volt, D3
New-ish (to me) for 2016: PD2

Picked up a hornet, hoping to be a wasp replacement. Found a drone in the extras box and giving it a try again, hated it before, but I'm changing up my mids.

Newest discs in my bag that I feel are here to stay:

Proxy - Axiom - Neutron - 174g ~ Short range slightly understable
Envy - Axiom - Neutron - 174g ~ Short range slightly overstable
Patriot - Legacy - Pinnacle - 171g ~ Fairway Understable
TD - Discmania - S - 172g ~ Slightly understable driver
CD - Discmania - C- 175g ~ Stable driver
PD - Discmania - C - 175g ~ Overstable driver
Outlaw - Legacy - Pinnacle - 175g ~ Overstable Max distance driver

I really like all these additions, I have a rack of discs and some discs I switch in and out depending on the course and the conditions of the day, but I really like these new discs I'm using, especially the Envy, TD, CD, and Outlaw

I've recently added a Champion Dart to my bag. It's a great tweener disc between mids & putters. It's classified as a putter but its one of if not the longest driving putter I've ever thrown. I like that it doesn't need as much height as my driving KC Aviars to shape shots with. It's also cool that I rarely see anybody else with a Champion Dart in their bag. Besides the Dart my bag hasn't changed much at all in the past few years. I stick to the ever so popular Destroyer, Firebird, Teebird, Roc, Aviar combo. I don't see that changing anytime soon, especially because I have a bunch of backups.

I've added the Star Stud (Love that thing!), the Champion Colossus (might be the new Katana for D), and a Champion Savant (really good utility driver!)

Fluid Judge - The plastic flexibility lets it sit real well on approaches and it's the same mold as my putters so it's comfortable.
Opto Compass - Straight, flies well and is helping me clean up my form.
Fission Photon - Fresh from the mail. Even though it's a light 155g, it's amazingly still super straight and stable for me. Should beat in nice.

Millennium QMS just made a nice spot in my bag this year. My Champion Orc just got a partner in a beat Star Orc as well for my forehand drives. Other than that I have been cycling P2's into the bag for approaches, but I was already sporting an S-Line.

Replacement escape, fuzion warden (replacing a lost mako3), destiny, Saint, renegade, river, legacy bandit (loving this thing for US drives and rollers). Really loving trilogy brands and legacy right now.

Thumb smashed on my Galaxy Note 4

Latest posts