• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What percentage of Mids do you carry/own?

It depends on the course. If I am playing a shorter course, I will have around 40% mids. The longer courses it is around 25%.

I am not getting into what I own, cause I don't want to count.

Is the Zone a mid or a putter, I use it as a mid, but I also use my putters as a mid. The zone is actually shorter than my putters, and its there to compliment my ions, so I will count it as putter.

4 Putters (Ion/Zone)
4 Mids (Comet/Aftershock)
8 Drivers (Pred/Cyclone/Force/Nuke in pairs)

So thats 25% Putter 25% Mid 50% driver.
The fact the putters all do double duty I think of it more 50:50
If I carry a smaller bag, it probably weighs heavier in the putter mid portion, if I carry my big bag probably higher on the driver side, but it would be duplicates as drivers get lost easier.

Wow 5 people posted while I processed and wrote this post.

5 mids in my bag but two molds. 3 buzzz's and 2 champ cobras.

2 putters
2 mids
2 fairways
1 distance

I don't really know how many I own - one large plastic storage container full - but they are 60-70% mids

Going by the manufacturers' descriptions I'm using:

4 putters (DX XD, Pro Rhyno, CE Rhyno, Pro Pig)
4 mids (Z Comet, Z Buzzz, KC Roc, CFR Gator)
4 fairways (Star Leopard, 11x Champ Eagle, Champ Teebird, Champ Banshee)
12 distance (Champ Sidewinder, Z Stalker, Pro Beast, Champ Orc, Star Katana, X-Link Firm Ascent, Pro Starfire, Champ Wraith, Pro Destroyer, Z Flick, Champ Firebird, Champ XCaliber)

Looks like I may need to rethink my bag :eek:

Holy crap. Yeah, at 24 different molds you might want to cut that down a bit. You've got a ton of overlap in there.

Also, after watching some of those "What's in my Bag" videos it seems some pros carry only a few Mids but a dozen High Speed discs.
Some don't but some do.

I hate to point out the obvious, but those pros are representing their respective DG companies, which make most their $$ selling their latest high speed drivers to people who can't use them properly. However many different high speed discs any touring pro has in their bag, they are still only throwing them a couple times a round (unless competing at a big & open course, which are still few and far between).

I carry:
3-4 putters to putt and drive with
3-4 mids to cover all shots
2 slow drivers (straight/flippy)
3-4 PDs to cover all shots
2-3 high speed drivers

That's correct, PD is a slot in my bag.;)

I carry between 10 and 14 usually depending on the course, with 3 mids- Warrior (OS), Roc (S) and Element (US). Works great for me! Honestly though I could probably do fine playing with any one of them as my only mid. I think mids are probably the most versitile disc in the game

aj

Putters 2
2 Challengers 1 FLX 1 Crystal
Mids 6
Glide, GL Fuse, Opto Fuse, Domey Buzz, Wasp, Supper Flat top Buzz

Fair way drivers 3 Molds- about 2 each in diff. weights or plastic
Max D 3molds- 2each in diff weights or plastic

Its all about the second shot- Unless you ACE!!!

Nice thread.

Out of 22 discs in my bag, 6 are mids. 5 rocs, 3 dx, 1 glow dx, 1 star, and 1 z buzzz. Once my leg heals, I will be trying out the Comet and Gator to see if there is a place in my bag for them.

3... if you count the zone as a mid. 2 buzzzes and a zone. most of my upshots are taken with my wizards and I typically only use mids off the tee or on really long holes.

In the bag:
5 wizards
1 fuse
3 Rocs
3 rivers
1 firebird
3 flows

So everything is divided pretty evenly except for putters.

For practice rounds, I usually carry 4 putters, 6 mids, 7 fairways, and 6 drivers.
For competitive rounds, I usually carry 2-3 putters, 4 mids, 4 fairways, and 4-5 drivers depending on the course.
Since this thread is about mid-ranges, the different molds are one Condor, one Pig, one CE Roc and one flat top Roc. I try to keep it as simple as possible with the mids.

I carry 2 driving putters (Wizards), 3 traditional large diameter midrange (Rocs), and 1 midrange driver (XXX) in my 12 disc bag.

I carry 2 driving putters (Wizards), 5 traditional large diameter midrange (Rocs), and 1 midrange driver (XXX) in my 20 disc bag.

Last edited:
0, nada, goose egg.
I dont like large diameter discs like Rocs and Buzzz's.
I use P&A's, then transition to fairways.
Plus, putters are the new mids anyways.
There is no shot missing from my game within my range limits.

Holy crap. Yeah, at 24 different molds you might want to cut that down a bit. You've got a ton of overlap in there.

23 molds, I have 2 Rhynos :D

But yeah, I need to take them all out to a field and see which ones I can remove and then get backups for the rest.

I've got one putter, three mids, three fairway drivers and two high speed discs that I can't get to do anything anyway because I suffer from noodlearmitis.

Mids: Breeze for forehand flicks shots, Coyote for long upshots, and a Roc for everything else.

23 molds, I have 2 Rhynos :D

But yeah, I need to take them all out to a field and see which ones I can remove and then get backups for the rest.

Last March I had ~80 discs, representing at least 40 molds and I did just what you said. I took them to a field and threw the crap out of them until I was able to narrow it down to 16-18 molds. Good luck (and have fun) with your testing process.

If we count mutters (mid putters):

1 cobra
1 fuse
1 demon
1 drone
1 gator
1 Jokeri

Drivers:
1 gazelle
1 flow
1 QOLS
1 Banshee
1 Leopard

Putter:
1 Voodoo

So...uh, 50% of my bag is mids and mutters.

Latest posts