• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What Putter Do You Use?

I have two, a Dx Aviar and a Dx Hydra putter. I do like the Hydra if I'm throwing into a head wind, or if the basket is on the edge of some water. The Hydra is a floater and I like the feel of it. I really don't have a preference. The Hydra has cooler graphics and looks better in the basket when I take pictures! lol

I use the Omega AP, and carry a Birdie (I never use the Birdie, and am taking it out of my bag). I have always liked the Rhyno, and will get another one very soon!

i use a sss wizard and magic both made by gateway, i have never tried there driver or midranges but love the putters. i have used an avair and rhyno

I tried a JK Pro Aviar-X, its a standard large rim hyzer hucker with good sticking qualities, but I'm tired of always only feeling comfortable with a hyzer line, so I got an XD.
XD is the shizzy for me, it's like its programable, left, right, straight, whatever line I want, its good with it. Now I feel better going dead center at the pin from much farther out.

I putt with a 180g Aero and am careful to think about the landing zone if I miss. It flies dead straight with very minimal fade for anything under 125'

I putt with SSS Wizards, and approach and drive with an S wizard, a D focus or a star BB aviar depending on the shot and the wind.

SS voodoo...it's not godlike to me, but it gets the job done. I have yet to have a putter that I feel and think it's the best thing on this planet. Plan on trying the wizard and warlock in the same plastic, but have been waiting for a softer SS to come into my shop.

I have 2 I use,

Innova Aero 177g. This is a great disc and would be my only putter if it didn't chain out on putts of less than 50 with regularity. It is not very flexible, especially on cold days. It is my disc used for anything over 50' and up to 100'. Great on windy days, an excellent annie/turnover disc.

Discraft FLX Challenger. I use this for putts of less than 50'. I have really come to enjoy this disc and it is very reliable. It has a predictable fade at the end that makes it great for any putt that needs to do that.

175 SSS Wizard. Used to use an aviar, but this Wiz is more overstable and predictable of the tee. I also love the way the grippy plastic feels. Disc is maleable yet not floppy. If it hits chains, it never misses.

Anyone ever tried putting with the Mako?

only played with my mako about 3-4 rounds. I like the way that it does fly, and got good distance and control with it, BUT, I've been throwing a champ. coyote for about 2 years now, and to me the two are identical except when I throw an anhyzer shot. I know exactly how much angle to put on my coyote for it to hold the line, but when I do the same with the mako, it's just slightly more stable, and will not hold the line like my Coyote. I know that my mako is brand new, and my coyote is very "seasoned", but I just feel more comfortable with the coyote. I probably should put the mako in my bag for "practice" rounds to get it seasoned, but it's just hard to take out a "go-to" backhand midrange.

I have been consistently using a flx challenger for driving and putting in the wind. For <40' no wind putts I am currently using a hard d magnet. I have been trying different discs in this slot.

I really want to get my hands on a banger GT. Have heard nothing but good things about those.

For 2 years it was almost exclusively a Lightning U-2. But I've recently switched to a Soft Banger GT. Putting confidence ws restored! Now I carry both.

Latest posts