• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What the hell did I get myself into?!?!?!

Thier pictures look like publicity photos, yours looks like it was ripped off facebook and thrown in the poster

You nailed it! That is exactly what happened. You should join "The Psychic Network". :clap:

Oh another great idea to look like an ass:

You should get like a 5 or 6 person entourage. 1 dude holding an umbrella, one with a towel who you hand a disc too and he polishes it before you throw, 1 dude with a water bottle who will refresh you on demand, one dude who massages your shoulders between throws (please feel free to get a woman for this) and a boxing style ring girl with your name on a giant card who parades around in a sparkly bikini before each throw.

haha Gotta come in wearing a robe with a hood up as well. Maybe play the Rocky theme song. Might actually be fitting really; you are like Rocky vs 3 Apollo Creeds.

I love that he is afraid of looking like an ass and 99% of the advice will make him look like even more of an ass.

HAHA only one person who gave him distance advice can out throw him:)

I'll try that. I would love to try and get a round in with you while you are here, Chris. Maybe you can give me some pointers on my game?

He is a finess guy, Hysell doesn't throw distance

He is a finess guy, Hysell doesn't throw distance

That is what I'm looking for. If it weren't for this contest, I wouldn't care about distance. When I play, I rarely use anything faster than a Teebird.

I really want to improve my golf game. Right now I am only a 945 golfer and testing the waters in the open division. I need all the advice I can get, and it seems like Chris knows his stuff. I am planning on playing Am Nats this year, and I want to actually be competitive, not just another donation.

Last edited:
haha Gotta come in wearing a robe with a hood up as well. Maybe play the Rocky theme song. Might actually be fitting really; you are like Rocky vs 3 Apollo Creeds.

That's what the sixth guy does, he holds an old school boom-box...silver and everything. Playing the theme song as you line up the shot. :thmbup:

So I sent Jeremy @ Dynamic Discs an email asking if he would be willing to send me a t-shirt as a sort of mini-sponsorship. I love DD and figured I may as well give it a shot. It would be cheap advertising for him and make me feel like a bada$$.

Show up with a bag full of Wham-O and Quest plastic. Then try to out-throw everybody with a Turnover Driver and a Raging Inferno :D

I actually like the raging inferno mad overstable/predicatble. The grip thing is really awkward though

That's why the record was thrown with a disc much more like a Super Hero.

I think Gus Otto threw a fastback well over 300' back in the late 80s or early 90s at a Minnesota Overall comp and won distance. He actually start he run up in the field of play and threw the disc the wrong direction...more like an MTA to win.

I totally forgot to post an update.

I had a great time with everything!
I didn't play so great at the tournament, but still took 12th (one stroke out of my goal of finishing top 10). I met a TON of familiar pros, and got some pointers. I got the guys to sign my promo-poster. Then I proceded to suck ass in the long drive competition. Big Jerm Kohling got in on the action too. I was super nervous, for whatever reason, and think I was trying a little too hard. We each only got two drives, both of which I turned over too hard, and grounded out. I never got a measurement as they only measured the top 3 drives (Garrett, McBeth, Jenks), but they were both sub-500 footers.

I do want to give a special thanks to Jay at Huk Lab. He allowed me to go into his booth and pick out the shirt of my choice for the competition. I got a sweet Nike Dri-Fit Polo with the Huk Lab logo.

Wait a second!!!

What was so funny about the poster :doh:

I was pulling for you if it helped at all

I just thought it was funny that those guys all had cool looking photos, and some legit credentials; then there was me, with a photo at a bar, and absolutely zero credentials.

Thanks for rooting for me though. I really did have an amazing time with it.

wasn't trying to berate you or anything man, i apologize if it seemed that way. i could just tell those drives weren't going quite as far as you were thinking they did. it's definitely not impossible to reach it though, just have to practice a ton...

what were you all throwing? did they make everyone throw the same type of disc?

It was a blast playing with you. Too bad neither of us played so well, myself in particular.

Bummer you didn't connect on any shots in the competition, but you're definitely capable of it

Latest posts