• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What the hell happened with Catrina at the Memorial?

So you are saying that since Paige Pierce agreed with her and asked the camera man to move, she would have been within her rights to wait until the distraction was out of the way?

Yes, she would have.

If the guy was a distraction, and the group agreed that he was a distraction, there's nothing compelling Cat to throw in that situation. She's at liberty to wait until the distraction resolves itself. No different than if a random pedestrian wandered through (as is likely to happen in a public park like that). No one would fault her for waiting.

It feels like there were more than one thing that happened to her
I agree. But people want to take the report of one particular instance and over-analyze it. It's the internet way. :)

I think people get way too caught up in having everything perfectly still and quiet when they putt. I will concede that if a loud gunshot went off when I was about to throw, or a crazy person was behind the basket intentionally trying to mess me up, I would probably be distracted. But if someone is talking at a normal level within earshot or someone is walking 200 feet behind the basket, get over it. If a camera man is in your line of sight but standing still filming, it shouldn't be a problem. You're a professional, you should be able to hone in on the basket and your putting routine and put it in.

I'm sure it is just me but posts like this seem off base. Unless you have been in the situation of needing to make a putt in a major event with a camera staring back at you, I'm not sure how it is possible to offer advice or to say how a competitor should or shouldn't react.

Mental Midgets, i have never understood the everybody be totally still wait for the people walking 3 fairways over to get out of the way. I have to wait for the wind to die down cause that tree branch in my peripherals is gonna make me miss this putt. Zone in and make your shot, putt whatever. Once i step up to my disc boom tunnel vision. Any blame on anything other than execution is just an excuse to not blame yourself.

Mental Midgets, i have never understood the everybody be totally still wait for the people walking 3 fairways over to get out of the way. I have to wait for the wind to die down cause that tree branch in my peripherals is gonna make me miss this putt. Zone in and make your shot, putt whatever. Once i step up to my disc boom tunnel vision. Any blame on anything other than execution is just an excuse to not blame yourself.

Number of A Tier and NT wins for you?

Well good for you. No one cares. If someone wants everyone to be quite and stop moving while they are throwing I am going to show them respect and shut the heck up. I hope you do the same regardless of your obviously superior mental capacities.

Well good for you. No one cares. If someone wants everyone to be quite and stop moving while they are throwing I am going to show them respect and shut the heck up. I hope you do the same regardless of your obviously superior mental capacities.

good for you as well. i simply provided my thoughts, i am respectful on the course but it drives me crazy when i get a dirty look from 2 fairways over because someone is putting or on the tee. This happens on the regular and i don't get it. I understand guy in your group moving or the camera situation. but was also talking about the OP when cat actually said i need to work on my mental game and handle it better. She has been doing this how long?

good for you as well. i simply provided my thoughts, i am respectful on the course but it drives me crazy when i get a dirty look from 2 fairways over because someone is putting or on the tee. This happens on the regular and i don't get it. I understand guy in your group moving or the camera situation. but was also talking about the OP when cat actually said i need to work on my mental game and handle it better. She has been doing this how long?

Speaking of mental midgetry

I assume you are a world class professional in whichever division you play in.

drives me crazy and affects my game are 2 different things. Again i haven't won an NT nor an A tier, but this is the internet no? My opinion means no more than yours. Carry on.

usually looks like she doesn't want to be out there to me.. i'm not sure why she puts herself through it if 4th place isn't good enough..

Who is getting worked up other than you? You're the one who referred to people as mental midgets and admitted to allowing others behavior to drive you crazy just because they gave you a dirty look so...

I already stated driving me crazy and affecting my game are 2 different things. Not sure what i did to upset you this morning but hope you have a great day and get to throw some frisbees today.

I never claimed to be paul mcwysocki talent wise, i had an opinion, you didn't like it. simple as that.

Mental midget. You could have easily ignored this thread yet you felt compelled to rant.

Mental midget. You could have easily ignored this thread yet you felt compelled to rant.

funny i thought that is what a forum was. My opinion is just that mine. You don't agree, pound sand. you could have just as easily scrolled past, yet here we are. sorry my opinion doesn't fit your narrative or that my skill level in frolf means that i can't have an opinion.

Definition of forum
1a : the marketplace or public place of an ancient Roman city forming the center of judicial and public business
b : a public meeting place for open discussion
The club provides a forum for people interested in local history.
c : a medium (such as a newspaper or online service) of open discussion or expression of ideas
2 : a judicial body or assembly : COURT
3a : a public meeting or lecture involving audience discussion
The town has scheduled a public forum to discuss the proposal.
b : a program (as on radio or television) involving discussion of a problem usually by several authorities

funny i thought that is what a forum was. My opinion is just that mine. You don't agree, pound sand. you could have just as easily scrolled past, yet here we are. sorry my opinion doesn't fit your narrative or that my skill level in frolf means that i can't have an opinion.

Definition of forum
1a : the marketplace or public place of an ancient Roman city forming the center of judicial and public business
b : a public meeting place for open discussion
The club provides a forum for people interested in local history.
c : a medium (such as a newspaper or online service) of open discussion or expression of ideas
2 : a judicial body or assembly : COURT
3a : a public meeting or lecture involving audience discussion
The town has scheduled a public forum to discuss the proposal.
b : a program (as on radio or television) involving discussion of a problem usually by several authorities

Getting a bit melty, friend. Maybe some work on that DGCR posting mental game is in order.

Latest posts