• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] What was the first disc you ever threw?

sillybizz

Course bagger and Bjork super fan
Diamond level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
My first disc was given to me during my very first round by my buddy, it was a DX Viper, way too much disc for me at the time. :)

I am not sure, I think a dx leopard. Came in a set of three, but not the innova box set, cause it had a champ sidewinder and a star aviar P&a.

Same... max wt brand new DX Viper. The g/f and I bought them at a Sports Authority, not knowing any better. We quickly learned of our mistake.

DX Cheetah and then Champ Sidewinder

My first real golf disc was an Aero.

My first game I threw a Fastback for a driver and a 150g Master Tournament for a putter. I still have the tournament model.

First time I played was with my buddy who he used to play with his father ALL the time.....his father was a great player, he passed away and my friend hadn't played since then. I asked him if he wanted to play and he said sure and gave me a Champion Beast as my first disc....couldn't throw it very far but the holes weren't very long all wooded, now I throw putters on most of those holes :D

2x champ beast. rainbow dye. It's at the bottom of a lake right now, about 30 miles from the nearest course.

Innova Griffin---found it 12 years ago (didn't have any names on it) and still use it today.

175 dx valkyrie and a 172 dx shark were my first purchases. I played freeman lake in KY with those two discs, then got to my parents in florida and I went and bought a couple more. I dont remember which other ones I bought. I think one was a leopard, a aviar pand a, and maybe a viper not sure oft he third one. Then I started to buy 15-20 disc lots on ebay for like $4 per disc to try out different molds. Every lot seemd to have a shark though so i ended upw ith like 6 sharkS!

My first was a xd, threw it from ages 12 to 16. Then I moved on to the teebird was a one disc man til 18 then started carring a rhyno and a teebird. Since then i moved onto a bag with ten disc tops. Two overstable wind disc, two straight disc one fairway one distance, and a understable for rollers. The mids get changed a bit the gator and rhyno are irreplaceable though.

My 1st was a dx eagle. I payed $20 :eek: for at dick's. I know now what a rip off $20 for a dx disc. Dick's are well...Dicks.

Back in 98 or 99 I bought a dx Shark and a dx Aviar p&a at the same time and went to the course that day. I still have both disc and the Aviar is still in the bag to this day.

Latest posts