• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What was your first bag?

Cheap canvas briefcase-y thing from a conference I went to worked just fine for a couple years. Held 8ish discs and a few bee-verages. Then a used Burton backpack from Goodwill. Held 12 in the bottom compartment and left the top compartment for gear and beer.
I like my Mahal better. But in my first four years, I spent about $6 total for my first two bags.

First bag was a camo backpack with a built-in folding chair. Then a Fade Crunch Box. Then a Nutsac 2.0 for lunchtime rounds at a small course near work. I want to graduate from the Fade bag to either a Grip A series or a Salient Helix when I can scrounge up enough money.

My first bag is the bag I'm still using today, a Wall City Cube. I bought a Fage Gear Crunch last year and I still haven't taken it out of the box. My Cube has served me for over 10 years and it's still in great shape.

Wall city, Cadillac bag, gateway tour bag, revolution, grip l, grip mini.

I sort of wish I still had the Cadillac bag. I have never seen another one.

A school back pack had lying around... only kept about a dozen discs in it, but could have stuffed maybe 18-20 in there. Used it quite happily for about 3 years before buying an actual DG bag.

Army map bag, took out the inner divider and made a drink holder with a draw string. Also added a wider strap. Still have it and should probably use it more for shorter courses.

DGbag.jpg

…inside:
DGbag2.jpg

Last edited:
I started off with a small blue (Innova??) bag that I found at Academy. I don't remember a brand being on it, but it held maybe 7 discs. I then upgraded to a fade crunch a few years ago and I love it.

I've had my fair share of dg bags over the years.

Walmart Plastic Sack -> Lightning Large Bag -> Innova Tour Bag -> Gateway Tour Bag -> Gateway Backpack -> Gateway Tour Bag -> Lat64 Bag -> Gateway Tour Bag -> Cabelas XPS -> Grip A Series -> DD Ranger -> Prodiscus Jetpack -> Voodoo Karma -> Ergo 2 -> Innova Deluxe -> Cabelas XPG -> Salient Helix

So...just a few along the way.

Please let me send you my innova starter bag :\

I've upgraded to the latitude backpack- I was just using what I had on hand at the time. My wife is a Nazi with money, I had to make due untill Christmas money started rolling in.

A FSS[Forest Service Standard] small green daypack, which are given to us to carry hose fittings on wildfires. It didn't last too long, as it didn't stand up, got me wet and was awkward to get into.

Now I have a highly modified Nike gym bag in OR, and an Innova Standard in MS.

I was given a Nutsac single for Christmas by my wife and I used it a lot until I got too many discs I liked to carry to use it.

But when I travel it still comes out a lot. Best thing is I can pick 5 favorites throw it in my laptop bag and go. As a result it's been to 9 states and about 20 courses and served me well. I'll be taking it up to WI next week as I work and hopefully play winter Dretzka and Rollin Ridge.

About five years ago my knees started bothering me to the point of having to quit mountain biking and skiing. Without those two, I started playing disc golf more. That's when I got an Innova Standard (around 10-12 discs) for my birthday. Before that, I had just carried 3 or 4 discs in my hand when I played. Three bags later I have my beloved Voodoo Mojo (16 discs) and can see keeping this one for quite a while.

One of those small Lightning starter bags way back in the mid-90's!
Then one of those heavy bulky large bags by Lightning.
Finally got an Innova Competition when they first came out, and am still using it.

Latest posts