• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] What Was Your First Disc(s)

first disc was a DX Shark, played 1 round then went to the store and bought a dx teebird and dx sm aviar. teebird got lost hole 14 lippold park and the shark went into the swamp at shady oaks park. still have the aviar. replaced the teebird with a SE teebird and the shark with a DX Roc. the teebird got jacked at Valley View in WI by some punks, and a few years ago i cracked my roc, hangs on the wall now.

the teebird got jacked at Valley View in WI by some punks, and a few years ago i cracked my roc, hangs on the wall now.
I've had more discs stolen from me then I've lost & a majority of the discs that have been stolen from me have been at Valley View...I actually played an early morning round there today in the rain. I only live 20 minutes away from Valley View. Whats the story of how your Teebird got taken? What hole was it stolen on?...unfortunately I know the holes that teenagers like to hide on & steal peoples discs :\

I've had more discs stolen from me then I've lost & a majority of the discs that have been stolen from me have been at Valley View...I actually played an early morning round there today in the rain. I only live 20 minutes away from Valley View. Whats the story of how your Teebird got taken? What hole was it stolen on?...unfortunately I know the holes that teenagers like to hide on & steal peoples discs :\

oh man this was back in like 2002. the old layout there was a hole that went up a hill and then followed by a shorty by the houses and then the downhill hole. my teebird hyzered out and went close to the tee for the downhill hole. when we got to the top of the hill i saw the kids running out of the park (there was still like 6 holes left after that...so and there wasnt much for "rough").
i think the one that bums me out most was at parkside when my valkyrie (1st run of the candy plastic) got jacked by some soccer kids. (i went a lil into the soccer fields on the elevated tee). i loved that disc so much...the real valks that could be drilled into headwinds...sigh.

My very first disc was a grey DX Stingray back in 1994. I fished it out of countless ponds. I even threw it so hard into a tree a branch punctured the dome, and it was stuck in a tree. I came back several days later at night with a hack saw and cut the branch down. I played for years with only that disc and after the puncture it had a Ninja Turtle band-aid over the wound. I finally lost it in a swamp. It was a good disc, and I still have a soft spot for the Stingray.

My first disc was a blue Eagle/Aero (patent pending) with a red stamp. Got it '84, lost it in '85 in the drink between Center and Olympic on Toronto Island during a tournament.

first disc was an ultrastar. we played a weekly game made up a of throwing at objects in the park while drinking. winner of previous hole makes up the next hole. that was quite fun from what i remember & my favorite call was having to hole out by makeing the disc go down the slide (it must slide at least 3ft).
eventually a course with baskets got installed & i bought 3 (used) golf discs: avair, roc, & viper. played the course a few times but it just wasn't as fun as the made up game in the park & these discs got put in storage.
a few moves later these discs turn up and i decide to take them out to the course again. this new course played through the woods & it was really cool to get out in nature. so i start playing more often & picked up a white star excalibur. this disc could really go. i then got a bag & a few more discs, but still didn't play too often.
another move took me away from the ocean & surfing was no longer an option for spending my free time. disc golf took over & i started buying and trying all sorts of discs. I still have those first discs (lost the xcal), but not the bag cuz someone broke into my car & dumped the discs out of the bag & stole my spare change bucket; must have needed something to carry the change in.

My first was an unknown weight yellow dx leo which I lost pretty quickly. Then I bought an unknown weight domey tye dye champ leo which I also lost quickly and two 170-172 d challengers. From there it's cloudy but I soon afterwards bought a 176 z buzz, a 169 flat z surge and a 174 flat z nuke which both had high parting lines...I miss those days!

Which holes? I have played there quite a bit but haven't had a problem... yet.
I play at Valley View two or more times a week. I've been playing there since the first year I started discing. I have witnessed many a disc be stolen there, in fact more so than any other course I've played on..whether it was a disc of mine, a friends or just seeing a random person steal another random persons disc. I've noticed that most "disc thieves" like to stay close to the cars on top of the big hill by hole #1's tee pad. I see people take discs on hole #15 & #18 the most so they have an easy get away because they're right by the parking lot. The only two holes that stand out in my mind that I've seen a lot of stealing on that aren't by the parking lot are #3 & #10. When the pin for hole #3 is in the left position people tend to be more daring because they're about to enter the woods & hole #4's tee pad is right by hole #3's basket. Hole #10 in the short left pin position is a hot spot as well. I've seen people hide on the trail that leads to the next hole so they can "grab & go". I've also seen thieves get lucky when the thrower hyzers out & the disc lands by them so then they don't even have to reveal themselves...I've been by the tee for hole #11 & witnessed this quite a bit. Its also worth mentioning that I've also have seen discs taken a few times on hole #6 when the basket is in the "deep" right position (its not that long of a hole :D). I assume its because the hole is close to the next tee (similar situation to hole #3). I only recall seeing people taking discs on hole #6 in that pin position. I've seen discs taken on other holes as well but these are the "hot spots" I've noticed over the years. I don't want to be all like "damn young people!" because I'm still young but a majority of times I see "disc thieves" they're in there teens or early twenties, just saying. I actually had a second run CE Leopard I'd been using for 5+ years stolen from me on hole #18 last month. A group of teens were sitting on the bench behind the basket while me & my friends where throwing. All of them but one hopped in a car & the last one ran up & took my Leopard (I let my friend throw it), my KC Aviar & my other friends Escape. They drove away before we were even half way up the fairway. Last year my first Grip bag (I got a new one) was stolen out of my car at Valley View. After I finished a round I put my discs in my car & left it unlocked for literally only a minute or two while I used the porta potty 30' away from my car. When I jumped in my car my bag was gone. Obviously this is all based on personal experience but I hope it helps you keep more of your discs :)

My first discs were DX Classic Aviar 175g, Pro D Buzzz 172g, and a Pro Leopard 172g. The Buzzz beat in to really understable in only a few rounds, and I never really liked the others. Still good discs, I reckon. I use them as introduction discs with friends that are new.

DX Destroyer, DX Beast, DX Aviar P&A... what a noob.

After six months of play, I threw the two drivers into the middle of the reservior at Prado Dam on back to back grip-lock drives. I hated those discs anyway, they never went as far as the charts promised lol.

After 2.5 years, I can finally wield a beast like it was meant to be and every faster driver that I've bought, found, or inherited is sitting in a box in my garage... never to be used by me.

I think my first one was a cheetah.

I got it with an aviar and a stingray from an old discs stash of Reto zimmermann in 96 or so. Didnt use them till 2009 when I started playing discgolf and lost both the cheetah and the stingray during warmup of my first tournament ever.

Blood red DX Raven with a blue stamp. Lost at Lohmann Park on hole #3. :(

After a lot of reading on here I didn't like any of the starter packs so I made my own with four discs: Putting - SS Omega; upshots - pro-d Challenger; driving - Z Buzzz; and my first driver was an M-JLS but I could only get it up to speed with help from a headwind.

champ and star didn't exist when I was first buying.

I think it was a dx cobra...bc of the stamp...

Dx valk (which I still throw), dx roc, star avair. I hated the star avair and fell in love with wizards. But still use my first dx avair for approaches. The valk is a good roller now.