• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

what was your first disc?

170ish DX Cheetah-gift
172g Champ Aviar-bought

I lost the Cheetah on a bad throw but I'm not sure what happened to that putter. That thing would have been sick by now.

DX Whippet

Didn't know what I was doing, but it sure did teach me how to compensate for hyzer, and to this day my fav shot is the spike hyzer. Would never reccomend this as a starter disc of course, prob one of the worst starter discs, prob ultimately set my game back quite a bit.

followed very shortly after by a DX Aviar, 'cause putting is a different thing than dfiving...
The Aviar is still in my bag.
The Ace is in my daughter's bag.

Yellow Typhoon - and I put a rather large sticker of Jimi Hendrix underneath. Pretty overstable for a newby...so I went and bought a Viper to punish myself (I guess :roll: )! :wink:

195g Phenix in 1989 because the literature at the store said the World Distance record of 623' was set with it. Of course, Sam Ferrans used a 165g version...

A red roc. I can't tell you weight or anything because at the time I my decision was based on do I want a Wolf on my disc, or this funny looking bird.

vonDrehle said:
A red roc. I can't tell you weight or anything because at the time I my decision was based on do I want a Wolf on my disc, or this funny looking bird.

Looks like you went with the correct choice there :). Even though the wolf is much more beginner freindly.

Well, my first discs were donated. Had a Dragon and crush for my drivers. A beat up DX Aviar for my putter, and I want to say a beat up Roc for my mid, but not sure about that.

My first purchased disc was a Ice Bowl Aviar and a champion Valk.

150 dx leopard, 150 dx shark, 150 dx aviar

of the three, the leopard is still in the bag (roller disc)

the other two were traded/given away...if i lost that leopard tho i bet i would cry a little

I'm not sure of the weights but I had a Gazelle, DX Shark and an Omega putter.

I still use a DX shark although the original is long gone. The gazelle was lost in a swamp and the putter is still around although no longer used.

DX Shark and DX Birdie. played one round on a horrible wide open course and put them in the closet for years. now i cant stop