• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What Was Your First Disc?

I started out and still use the 150 dx set with a leopard, shark, and aviar. I got it about 1 year and a half ago from my wife for christmas, but just started playing about a month ago. The leopard is beat up a lot. It's made it into the pond, creek, and woods many times but still always seems to find me.

I bought 3 the first time around- Star Boss, Kite and Aero. I knew I was going to stick with this, so I figured I would get the good stuff. Of course, I quickly learned I had no chance of throwing the Boss worth anything yet. So it is just waiting for my to catch up to it. The Aero though is my go-to putter. Love that thing.

Last edited:
Wham-O 80 Mold 165g World Class Frisbee. And a 141g 50 Mold World Class Frisbee.

Later, a 40 Mold Wham-O Midnight Flyer DGA stamp "disc golf disc".
520-jr4b-large.jpg

Still have one of these and I actually threw it recently in a SuperClass event.

My first beveled-edge discs were a DGA Kitty Hawk Driver and Kitty Hawk Softouch Putter (1983).
-12233900624290590.jpg

Still have both of 'em.

I started with an Innova starter set but also bought a Champion 171 Valkyrie with a silver stamp. I still have all of them (don't throw any of them) and have retired the Valk. I lost it on hole 18 at Idlewild before I started putting my name and number on my discs. Months later, after finding the local forums, I saw a found post of my disc. This is the reason I post all my found discs, whether there's a name/number or not.

My wife got me a yellow DX Stingray for my birthday before I got into the game. I played object frisbee golf with it and eventually lost it in a pond.

A year or so later, I found a Champion Valkyrie and had it for about a year before I got involved in the game.

I got a whole bunch for Christmas in 2006. If I remember right I got a cyclone, magnet, sidewinder, QMS, Aurora, Star Aviar P and A.

First disc I owned was a piss-yellow Champion roadrunner. I believe it has now been run over by a giant lawnmower.
Sounds bad, but it's kinda like cremation.
Roadrunner: "When I die spread my pieces throughout a field"

I think my first was a DX Valkyrie, but the first disc I had constant success with was a Champ Teebird.

My friend took me to Dick's and I got a shark, Eagle, and a Valkyrie, all DX. We were both just starting out and I remember thinking, man, this frisbee golf sounds kind of gay. But now I love it and I'm fabulous!

first disc

My first disc was an innova tyed dyed sidewinder 175g.Ifound it laying right out in the middle of the fairway on hole 3 in cumming Ga. Since it was my first and only disc for awhile I used it for everything and have since learned to use it pretty well. I still only have three discs so the sidewinder is still my weapon of choice.

I actually bought a few discs on my first purchase. A dx eagle, a dx spider, a champion leopard, a dx cheetah, and a champ aviar. The cheetah just camp up missing one day, when I hadn't played in a while, pretty sure my DB ex roommate took it out and lost it. I gave the aviar to my buddy for his first putter, and the other three I still have. Throw the champ leopard at least a few times a round.

DX Roc. Didnt know what the hell i was doing when i bought it. I was bored with one of my friends one day and saw some people playing so we were like what the hell and gave it a try. I was pumped when i started getting into this more to find out it was actually a good disc. I still throw to this day probably more than any other disc.

My first was a sidewinder, then about a week later a monarch :)
Both great starters IMO (sidearm). You can see when you finally get the strength.

My g/fs first was a teerex i think? <Terrible idea, but it was SOOOO funny.

I started out with a set of lightning discs, a #2 slice, #2 hookshot, and their rubber putter. I still have the putter, but just keep it on the wall as my first disc, the other two got lost/chewed up by the dog over the years. When I actually got into the sport, my first disc was a champ sidewinder, which worked well for me for a little while.

i first bought some wham-o disc that i dont remember. it was a walmart special superturn something. it was purple and i lost it. after that i bought a dx starfire and loved that thing. lost it too.

Latest posts